Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Went to urologist today

  1. #1

    Default Went to urologist today

    I saw a urologist today for my frequency. I related my history:
    1) Kidney stone once about 20 years ago (peed blood)
    2) Working as a clerk and having to hold it for long periods.
    3) Having a urethral stricture and Urethomony (sp) about 15 years ago
    4) Adult circumcision about the same time due to balantitis (sp)
    and now I wake up at night and go ever hour or so in the day.
    I also dribble when I use urinal and have a split stream - actually wet the front of my pants some.

    So, the nurse assistant who asked me my history asked how many pads I use.
    I said none. She also used the term incontinent. I don't consider myself incontinent.

    The Dr. prescribed Vesicare and also gave me a urinal to pee into. He wants me to record my volume and time. In 6 weeks, he wants to do a cytoscope (?) tolook in my bladder.
    I did not tell him about liking diapers.

    What do you all think about the assistant's question?
    I did 2 measurements so far - 200cc and 225cc about 1.5 hours apart.
    Opinions?

  2. #2

    Default

    I think the assistant was just doing her job, and considering how much you are "leaking", a degree of incontinence sounds like a reasonable description. That said, I am not incontinent and so I have little knowledge on proper terminology and where the defining line lies.

  3. #3

    Default

    Any uncontrollable leakage is incontinence apparently as I also suffer from leakage

  4. #4

    Default

    I sometimes dribble a few drops when putting it away. I wouldn't call that uncontrolled leakage.

  5. #5

    Default

    I wouldn't either if that's all there is. I think all of us males do that.

  6. #6

    Default

    Not sure on that one guys, my Gramps leaked a little after peeing and he was referred to hospital to check for prostate problems. However, he could have just not told me the whole story.

    Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk 2



    Quote Originally Posted by magus1 View Post
    I saw a urologist today for my frequency. I related my history:
    1) Kidney stone once about 20 years ago (peed blood)
    2) Working as a clerk and having to hold it for long periods.
    3) Having a urethral stricture and Urethomony (sp) about 15 years ago
    4) Adult circumcision about the same time due to balantitis (sp)
    and now I wake up at night and go ever hour or so in the day.
    I also dribble when I use urinal and have a split stream - actually wet the front of my pants some.

    So, the nurse assistant who asked me my history asked how many pads I use.
    I said none. She also used the term incontinent. I don't consider myself incontinent.

    The Dr. prescribed Vesicare and also gave me a urinal to pee into. He wants me to record my volume and time. In 6 weeks, he wants to do a cytoscope (?) tolook in my bladder.
    I did not tell him about liking diapers.

    What do you all think about the assistant's question?
    I did 2 measurements so far - 200cc and 225cc about 1.5 hours apart.
    Opinions?

    Frequency, waking at night and going through day, Dr prescribing VESICARE...

    Sounds like you are suffering overactive bladder, this is when the bladder sends the message to the brain that it's half full and time you should be going to pee, much earlier than it should, frequent happenings like this make you go far too many times, and over time, your bladder allows you to hold less and less, meaning that you go more and more. This condition can be exacerbated with caffeine and fizzy drinks. The vicious circle is, that all this frequent pee'ing causes you to drink more to combat dehydration, more fluids means your bladder tops up more, and here you go again, pee'ing more.

    If it works as good for you as it does for me, the VESICARE will relax the bladder and the nerve that sends the signal to the brain telling you it needs to pee, enabling it to fill more, so you go less and the "overactive bladder" problem becomes less of a problem, thus giving you a bit of your life back... :thumbup:

    hope this helps you a little?



    Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Trevor; 21-Jun-2012 at 21:31. Reason: merging posts.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by magus1 View Post
    I sometimes dribble a few drops when putting it away. I wouldn't call that uncontrolled leakage.
    I do not think a little Dribbling after you pee is incontinence per-say but the definition of incontinence is any involuntary loss of urine.
    I had all the testing done when I became incontinent. Now I was fully wetting my pants without any warning. I had the cystoscopy done and after they filled my bladder up I went to put my diaper back on and they actually wanted me to do a Flow test. I told the doctor I could not make it. But she insisted I not wear the diaper. Well the poor nurse got pee all over her. So I say that to warn you that if you have control issues at all when your bladder is full make sure the doc listens to you. If you have any questions about the test just ask me I have been through a few of them.

  8. #8

    Default

    I have, always had, a slightly enlarged prostate. I had on & off IC due to a herniated disc but a few months ago I had started with excessive dribbling after I went to the bathroom & was getting these deep pains after emptying out on occasion. I had surgery in April for a colon resection to fix my diverticulitis & they had found that my large intestine was just starting to fuse to my small intestine. They corrected that & after coming home I was getting the pains even worst after emptying out. I mentioned this to the surgeon & he prescribed flowmax in its smallest dose. I am happy to say that the pain is dame near gone now & I don't have the dribble anymore. The meds are just a temporary fix so I am not sure what is going to happen once I am off.
    Give the meds a try for a while & see if they help. The one the doctor gave you may not do the trick & may have to try another & start all over again. I also was up several times a night going & now I sleep right through.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by binkygirl View Post
    If you have any questions about the test just ask me I have been through a few of them.
    A lot of us have had lots of testing done, you say it as if you are the only one here that can advise :p


    Sent from my ZT ICS using Tapatalk 2

Similar Threads

  1. Urologist
    By jamie72 in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-Dec-2011, 19:05
  2. what to expect from the urologist
    By crazymb in forum Diaper Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-Nov-2011, 03:45
  3. Urologist: what to expect?
    By Goodnites11 in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-May-2011, 04:48
  4. What is the attitude of your urologist?
    By AnalogRTO in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 20-May-2010, 01:06
  5. My Urologist Visit
    By checkingoutall in forum Incontinence
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 12-Apr-2009, 09:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.