Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Big Planet

Default Little Big Planet

I've been following this game for a few months now, and it's almost out! For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's a new game coming out for PS3. It's kinda hard to describe. It's almost like Mario in the sense that you have to dodge all of the obstacles and get to the end of the level, but what makes it so unique, is its' ability to be so customizable. You can build entire levels out of real drawings or any object lying around the house by using the Playstation EYE (the PS3 webcam).

On Monday I got an invite to be part of the beta testing of it (meaning I get to play it and test it before it has come out), and I am truly at a loss of words for how incredible this game is. The graphics are superb, the online aspect is extremely fun, and so is the rest of the game. Me and my friends were all playing together, so we had four little Sackboys (that's what you're character is called) running around and slapping each other

So yeah, I've got my copy pre-ordered for the 21st And I look forward to making some sweet levels of my own.

Everything in the video was player made
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXp4e...eature=related

Here's the website link.

I would love to play it but sadly it and MGS4 are the only real games I would even want to play. So its still not worth the 400 dollar system when I can get a 360 for far cheaper and my 8800GT video card can spank the 360 and Ps3 in terms of video.

Uh, I don't want this turn into a thread about how Xbox 360 is so much better, but whatever. I've even heard of some people going out to buy PS3's just for this game lol.

Its not really about the 360 being better its about it being pretty much equal. So far all of the games produced on the PS3 could be on the 360. The only thing is the data size of the games such as metal gear solid 4. But that's fixed easily via multiple disc game sets. Metal Gear Solid was this way on the PS1, there's no reason this can't happen for the 360.

Right now my computer is overall better then any current console aside in the CPU section which does not really matter that much in PC games as much as a video card does. My AMD dual core 2.2GHz CPU is fine enough to play any new game.
    ----------------
    Now playing: Brad Sucks - Bad Sign
    via FoxyTunes

I've been checking out Little Big Planet, since E3 actually. I don't have it preordered or anything (saving that money for Fallout 3 most likely) but I do have it queued up in my GameFly queue - so when I get the chance I'll be checking it out, definitely.

The game does look fun and interesting, so I'm looking forward to playing it!

Little Big Planet does look pretty cool. I'll probably buy it soon after it releases.

I seen some previews of it and i have to say that this could be a very addicting game....just to bad i dont have a PS3 :/

Well the beta ended a few hours ago, so I have to till next Tuesday to pick up my copy. I went to GameStop today though and got the promo code for the God of War Kratos character which looks pretty sweet ^_^

Hey guys they just recalled this game planetwide, becasue one of the songs was not a good one.

"The confirmation follows rumours that that Singing Safari level of the game features a song with two expressions found in Islam's central holy text, the Qur'an. Cached pages on the official PlayStation forum claim that the two phrases are (literally translated from the original Arabic): "Every soul shall have the taste of death" and "All that is on earth will perish."
    Last edited by Siddy; 18-Oct-2008 at 00:47. Reason: added quote

Quote Originally Posted by Siddy View Post
    Hey guys they just recalled this game planetwide, becasue one of the songs was not a good one.

"The confirmation follows rumours that that Singing Safari level of the game features a song with two expressions found in Islam's central holy text, the Qur'an. Cached pages on the official PlayStation forum claim that the two phrases are (literally translated from the original Arabic): "Every soul shall have the taste of death" and "All that is on earth will perish."
    Oh yeah, I heard about that. So far everyone over at the Playstation forums are exploding with rage about this because now it's been delayed another week, and even a month in some places. They didn't have to recall it, all they needed to do was release a patch for it when it came out. I'm not even sure when I'll get mine