Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cleaning stuffed animals?

Default Cleaning stuffed animals?

So I was wanting to know an easy way to clean stuffed animals. The reason I ask is because it says "Handwash ONLY" on them. Here are some pictures. I don't want to use any harsh chemicals or hard scrubbing.
    Here some pics:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0113.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	12759

Name:	IMAG0106.jpg 
Views:	275 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	12760

Name:	IMAG0112.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	12761

This website has some pretty good advice. I have a few plushies that are 'hand wash only', but they didn't have anything I thought would fall off or be overly fragile, so I just put them in one of those washing bags and threw them in with the appropriately coloured load of laundry (can't say that will work for you, though). In either case, it's probably a good idea to not use the dryer to actually dry them, though - air drying is best. But if you want to fluff them up, there should be a 'no heat' cycle you can do for a few minutes.

I think you'll generally be safe putting them in the washer on COLD, but DO NOT put them in the dryer (with any heat), especially if they have plastic or rubber parts or beans as these will melt. Your best bet would probably be to put them in the washing machine on cold then to let them air dry.

Can you don't use handwash program on the machine ?

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

I have a ton of build a bear plushies and I bought a brush and chemicals that they use to keep me babies clean you might b able to buy it online as well

I would suggest putting them in a pillow case, individually, and washing them on delicate. It would be best to do it with cold water and without fabric softener. I'm not sure of the filling, so I would suggest drying them without heat(or not using the dryer at all). I have washed a plushie in the washer before and it survived!

I would only wash them in a front loader machine. Most will have a hand wash or delicate cycle. Use Woolite for dark colors or if they're really dirty, Tide Febreze Sport. I don't think hot water in the washing machine would damage them as long as the washer isn't heating the water itself. You might want to run two cycles to rinse them thoroughly!

Quote Originally Posted by tallbaby View Post
    I would only wash them in a front loader machine. Most will have a hand wash or delicate cycle. Use Woolite for dark colors or if they're really dirty, Tide Febreze Sport. I don't think hot water in the washing machine would damage them as long as the washer isn't heating the water itself. You might want to run two cycles to rinse them thoroughly!
    i would air dry them and use a hair dryer on low setting to fluff them up again.have done it to several plushies to make them look new

I just toss mine in the washer on the gentle cylce and dry them on low in the dryer and keep an eye on them...

unless they are ones you can't place in the washer... That advice link is great!