Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: The Secret Trade Talks

  1. #1

    Default The Secret Trade Talks

    How many people here saw the latest on the trade negotiations that just had a document leaked and posted on the web?

    The document is at: http://www.citizenstrade.org/ctc/wp-...investment.pdf

    There is a story on this on The Huffington Post

    I am less concerned about the trade negotiations being kept under wraps than I am letting a world tribunal dictate what our country has to do. I haven't had too much time to study this in depth, but I find it worrisome.

  2. #2

    Default

    that document is badly put together, fragmented and overall very non-discript i.e no title page etc and whats with all the brackets in odd places looks like something a 12yr old had put together for a joke sorry but sources are important before most people will take that on face value

  3. #3

    Default

    Best transparency president ever! Am I right or am I right?





    Still better then what Romney would do I think though...

    - - - Updated - - -



    Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    that document is badly put together, fragmented and overall very non-discript i.e no title page etc and whats with all the brackets in odd places looks like something a 12yr old had put together for a joke sorry but sources are important before most people will take that on face value
    So you think that US congress members are getting upset over a fake document for the fun of it? Also this is how every congressional bill I've seen has been thrown together. Of course this isn't a confessional bill either its just a trade agreement.

  4. #4

    Default

    The government making some sketchy deal they are not telling the American Public about.

    Gee, I bet that hasn't happened before.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    The government making some sketchy deal they are not telling the American Public about.

    Gee, I bet that hasn't happened before.
    At least it was in the name of "peace" and keeping the Commies in their "zone".This just reeks of corruption.Imagine what this Independent Tribunal could do to United States Sovereignty.

    We already are talking to Russia about giving away 9 key Alaskan Islands to Russia because of some "border dispute" even though we bought Alaska fair and square from the Russians in the 1870s.Keep in mind that those too are "secret talks".Thank god for the web.



    Public Citizen challenged the independence of these international tribunals, noting that "The tribunals would be staffed by private sector lawyers that rotate between acting as 'judges' and as advocates for the investors suing the governments," according to the text of the agreement
    Its already that way in the Congress,bribe and get your way for your corporation.Imagine what could happen if this becomes the norm.Oh don't like the United States's laws and your a corporation from China "oh just recruit/bribe a judge in the tribunal and you can dump toxic waste in that California national park"...


    I'm also worried because this seems at first like we are trying to make friends with China...which is fine,but if we look closer I think we see the truth is that with this trade agreement we are starting to bow down to China since we owe them so much...

    I hope I'm wrong...

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by SmokeyRealm View Post
    I'm also worried because this seems at first like we are trying to make friends with China...which is fine,but if we look closer I think we see the truth is that with this trade agreement we are starting to bow down to China since we owe them so much...

    I hope I'm wrong...
    I can't remember exactly where I saw it buy, yesterday I saw a chart on the US-China debt. China, though they have been helping us out (not a fan of that either), owes us a lot more money than we do them.

    In my opinion, anything that challenges the US Sovereignty should not be looked at or considered. Same with the Law of the Sea treaty.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DrummerDude View Post
    I can't remember exactly where I saw it buy, yesterday I saw a chart on the US-China debt. China, though they have been helping us out (not a fan of that either), owes us a lot more money than we do them.

    In my opinion, anything that challenges the US Sovereignty should not be looked at or considered. Same with the Law of the Sea treaty.
    I would like to see this chart. I have no problem in believing it (the farmers here make buku bucks off of shipping product overseas), I just want to see it; primarily because I want to show others that china really doesn't own us.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by DrummerDude View Post
    I can't remember exactly where I saw it buy, yesterday I saw a chart on the US-China debt. China, though they have been helping us out (not a fan of that either), owes us a lot more money than we do them.

    In my opinion, anything that challenges the US Sovereignty should not be looked at or considered. Same with the Law of the Sea treaty.
    I'd like to see the graph and source as well. Considering China holds abut $1.2 Trillion in US debt and owes about $750 billion(American Bondholders Foundation) to US bond holders.

Similar Threads

  1. Trade MW3 for Revelations?
    By JediJon in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24-Nov-2011, 22:08
  2. UK newbie (who talks too much)
    By tinyfish in forum Greetings / Introductions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 17-Apr-2011, 06:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.