Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duck Tape For Keeping Tapes Down?

jj2jjj

Default Duck Tape For Keeping Tapes Down?

Hi, I often have issues with tapes popping off on cuddlz diapers so plan is to buy some duck tape to keep them down easily. Does anybody else do this and does anybody know if this would do the trick?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shurtape-Tap...9585266&sr=8-1

Thanks!

DUCT tape will stick anything to anything (almost). As long as you don't expect it to come off easily then refasten. It won't.

Not sure why you would need to get Amazon involved. Duct tape is available everywhere in the civilized world. In fact, if you were a real man (apologies if you're a woman..) you would have duct tape and a pocket knife within arm's reach at all times.

I use it on some tapes when needed. I also sometimes use it as additional top/bottom tapes. Duct tape is much wider than necessary so I usually split it down the middle to get 3/4" wide strips. The adhesive in most brands of duct tape stick really well to diaper shells. It also has a little bit of stretch to it, which makes it stay stuck down better than packing tape, which does not stretch.

If you don't like the grey color of the tape on your white diaper, you can get white duct tape. It comes in many different colors.

As for the tape reinforcement, I usually use a 6" or so long (3/4" wide) strip that completely overlaps the tab, the root, and an inch or two on ether end to make sure it doesn't go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    DUCT tape will stick anything to anything (almost). As long as you don't expect it to come off easily then refasten. It won't.

Not sure why you would need to get Amazon involved. Duct tape is available everywhere in the civilized world. In fact, if you were a real man (apologies if you're a woman..) you would have duct tape and a pocket knife within arm's reach at all times.
    Some of Europe is pretty uncivilized :p. Even so, any hardware store will stock Duck tape. It won't come off though without ripping your diaper.

Gaffer Tape (often confused with Duck tape) is designed to be removable, but I've no experience if it could be removed from a diaper without ripping.

Duct tape is much heavier duty than you really need to secure diaper tapes. I use making tape. It's lighter weight and easier to remove than duct tape. In other forums, some people have questioned the fact that masking tape is not waterproof. That's true, but you're putting it on the outside of the diaper. It won't get wet unless you flood the diaper to the point that it's leaking anyway.

jj2jjj

Quote Originally Posted by Inconinmiss View Post
    Duct tape is much heavier duty than you really need to secure diaper tapes. I use making tape. It's lighter weight and easier to remove than duct tape. In other forums, some people have questioned the fact that masking tape is not waterproof. That's true, but you're putting it on the outside of the diaper. It won't get wet unless you flood the diaper to the point that it's leaking anyway.
    I've been using masking tape recently but I have to wrap it round the whole of the diaper on both tapes to stop it unsticking

Thanks for the help everybody!

I've used both masking tape and duct tape. However masking taper doesn't really do a good job of keeping the tapes down, but it is really good as a belt. I think the same goes for duct tape but im not sure. Either way i think the best solution is to use it like a belt around your waist.

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    If you don't like the grey color of the tape on your white diaper, you can get white duct tape. It comes in many different colors.
    Yet another sign of the apocalypse. I saw Hello Kitty duct tape at the local Targét store the other day.

i've found that putting a strip of clear packing tape on the front creates a nice landing zone for the tapes. some diapers already have this, but some don't; it helps immensely if you're having tape problems

I use duct tape when tabs come undone. I don't use them often because it doesn't happen often anymore. Some tapes are just defective or poorly made.