Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your favorite Fighter Plane

Default Your favorite Fighter Plane

I was wondering if there is people in ADISC like Warplanes or etc. So i make this thread. It is simple write your favorite Fighter Plane and why you like it. If this thread is succes i might be spawning other topic like Bombers,Tanks,Gun,etc

Well for me i like Messerschmitt Me-262. Why because Me-262 is basicly a blueprint for other modern jet fighter. Beside Me-262 is first operational jet fighter, it is also pack with 4 30mm canon, but sadly the Me-262 is to late to see action in WWII, partly because Adolf Hitler decision to post ponned development and change the role of Me-262 (He intended to use it as Fast Bomber rather then Fighter) Because it might change the tide of war (Don't get me wrong i don't want the nazis to win the war).

That simple isn't it so write down your favorite fighter

I was doing damage repair on a USAF bombing range in germany one time and almost got blitzed by an A-10 still my favourite plane seeing that coming towards you is truely awesome (upto the point you realise he's trying to kill you LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    I was doing damage repair on a USAF bombing range in germany one time and almost got blitzed by an A-10 still my favourite plane seeing that coming towards you is truely awesome (upto the point you realise he's trying to kill you LOL)
    Yeah A-10 is really scary with 30mm gatling gun in front and i wonder what iraqi tankers in gulf war think when they see these planes in the sky

Draw between su35 super flanker, f15 strike eagle,f14 tomcat, and the all powerfull f22 raptor

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    Draw between su35 super flanker, f15 strike eagle,f14 tomcat, and the all powerfull f22 raptor
    Their all good but to be honest i am fan of eastern block aircraft so i like Su-35 and i'm wondering which is better PAK-FA or F-22

BAe FRS1 Sea variant of the Harrier Jet - the last great fighter aircraft designed, developed and built in Britain. It had combat success in challenging conditions and it achieved significant export sales in countries you don't have to bribe in order to get them to buy your planes....

Another one of my favorites though it's not by any means a fighter it was a bomber/reconecence plane
    SR-71 blackbird worlds first super sonic military aircraft

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    A-10 still my favourite plane
    that's one o' my faves, too. although, it is a ground support/strike aircraft..... but it'd still be interesting to see how it'd perform against a modern fighter in a true dogfight (methinks it would win).
    of course, if it had to go up against a Harrier (with their similar combat roles and stuff).......? that'd be an interesting one.

i like the Harrier for it's quirkiness and pure functionality (despite it being technological innovative). but i never understood why it was called Harrier; i can see what they were trying to do, but it's wingedness is more like that of a Starling and i've seen them hover.
    i think that it's also one of the few planes that has broke a trend of being worthy-but-looked-down-upon, in the first instance, only to gain fame for it's proven prowess (possibly to it's detriment)
    two others which came close, but lost out to the 'glory boys' in the long run, are the Hurricane and the Mosquito.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaraRiddle View Post
    BAe FRS1 Sea variant of the Harrier Jet - the last great fighter aircraft designed, developed and built in Britain. It had combat success in challenging conditions and it achieved significant export sales in countries you don't have to bribe in order to get them to buy your planes....
    I think harrier it's like many british invention is unique and extraordinary. But what i couldn't understand is why they have to retire harrier so early