Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free trial for ffxi

Default Free trial for ffxi

Well the title says it all FFXI (Final Fantasy Online) is offering a free 14 day trial for now FINAL FANTASY XI some of you WoW players might like this game more its a much more complex game ^.^ if u decide to play, play on the World Bahamut and give me a /tell im Nodeath (nothing about Ab/Tb/Dl stuff please some times people are over my shoulder) its a really fun game!

Quote Originally Posted by liloneinmymind View Post
    Well the title says it all FFXI (Final Fantasy Online) is offering a free 14 day trial for now FINAL FANTASY XI some of you WoW players might like this game more its a much more complex game ^.^ if u decide to play, play on the World Bahamut and give me a /tell im Nodeath (nothing about Ab/Tb/Dl stuff please some times people are over my shoulder) its a really fun game!
    Word Of Warcraft is WAY more complex I think, it also has more users. There's a reason FFXI is offering a free trial, they are losing members and they want more. WoW and others always offered free trials since that's actually a good idea FFXI never did until they needed to.

Quote Originally Posted by liloneinmymind View Post

More complex? Sure if a grindfest is more complex.

Not quite what I meant what I meant was the actual in game play is more complex and no its not a grind fest thatís what WoW is (In my opinion lol) in this game u actually have to play with others you cant reach top level by your self in FFXI it is needed to party with others to level. Also your not limited to one job per character, each character u create can be any class that you want to play, and you get a Sub job so if in WoW u were a 70 paladin u would be a 70 paladin / 35 warrior meaning you would have the abilities of a 70 paladin and a 35 warrior and there is a much wider selection of which job u want to play! I was a WoW junky (not calling any of you WoW junkies but I was one) ^.^ Iím not saying FFXI is so much better but it has its strong points just as WoW does.
    Jobs List Standard Jobs:
    Black Mage
    Monk
    Red Mage
    Thief
    Warrior
    White Mage

Advanced Jobs:
    Bard
    Beastmaster
    Blue Mage
    Corsair
    Dancer
    Dark Knight
    Dragoon
    Ninja
    Paladin
    Puppetmaster
    Ranger
    Samurai
    Scholar
    Summoner

(P.S Sorry for the long post. Everyone is entitled to there own opinions ^.^ And if youíre into WoW I hope you like the new class thatís coming out soon! And Pojo i may be! ^.^)

It's the same thing as the WoW talent system, you spec for your certain style of gameplay and learn the skills that come with each tree along with your standard class skills.

WoW just seams a lot more fun to me and Lich king looks like its going to blow FFXI away. Plus there was only like one expansion pack in FFXI right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    WoW just seams a lot more fun to me and Lich king looks like its going to blow FFXI away. Plus there was only like one expansion pack in FFXI right?

Yeah, and 12+ hour long boss fights are totally fun!

(If you don't know: Final Fantasy XI boss causes vomiting, takes 18 hours to beat | Destructoid offers reviews, previews, trailers, cheats, and more. )

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    There's like..four expansions (Rise of the Zilart, Chains of Promathia, Treasures of Aht Urhgan and Wings of the Goddess). And all of them add way more than either of WoW's sad attempts :X Seriously, you need to actually play FFXI for comparison before you try to sadly claim that WoW is more complex, lulz

I don't think I ever claimed WoW was better and I played neither game. But from what I seen and heard WoW is just overall better. Also the past few final fantasy games have done nothing for me, they might as well remove all gameplay and be a CG movie studio.