Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dancers?

Default Dancers?

Just curious, since I never really asked; are there any other dancers on here?

I'm an actor. I've sung in one musical, and had a part in several plays, but I haven't done any dancing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by x000017 View Post
    i'm an actor. I've sung in one musical, and had a part in several plays, but i haven't done any dancing yet.
    >:c y u no dance?

Quote Originally Posted by Liam117 View Post
    >:c y u no dance?
    Never had the chance. xD

There doesn't tend to be much dancing in Greek tragedy (unless you're doing it in a very traditional style). And Brecht's musicals tend to be about the pitiful nature of the human condition, which doesn't leave a lot of room for dance.

I can do a mean macarena, and don't even get me started on the hokey-pokey!

That's about it.

I've taken some modern dance, but not a whole lot. I've been in a few musicals, though, and danced in all of them. I really enjoy it, I just don't really have time to do classes regularly.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by x000017 View Post
    Never had the chance. xD

There doesn't tend to be much dancing in Greek tragedy (unless you're doing it in a very traditional style). And Brecht's musicals tend to be about the pitiful nature of the human condition, which doesn't leave a lot of room for dance.
    If Sirtaki had been invented about 2,500 years earlier, I'm sure it would have been featured in many Greek tragedies Now it's just a tourist trap dance, or the Greeks' way of keeping upright after too many Ouzos.

Either way, I'm afraid I'm still with Phil Collins on this one. "I can't dance", and I bet it would be way easier for me to learn how to recite the bible backwards while doing a handstand on one hand than learning how to dance

Peachy

Emily91

Ohh I'm a dancer! Mostly jazz and hip-hop!

embarrassingly, i can, though i try not to in public. saying that, i have a mate who buzzes of me dancing while i'm doing something hum-drum. it's just the rhythm, i'll 'dance' to anything (like, even the warning beep of a reversing vehicle) and it doesn't even have to be sound (though being a synaesthete probably helps with that). i, and most other labourers worth their salt, also incorporate 'dancing' into labouring (the rhythm, fluidity and momentum increasing speed and stamina).

my last memory of 'proper' dancing in public was at a party at the local horsey club: i'd crushed my finger earlier in the day and had rushed to get home from hospital and get ready to go out. after some booze, i ended up dancing with a girl and as i spun her, her grip of my hand slipped a bit and she ended up holding on tightly to my injured finger. i winced and carried on. when we'd finished, i checked my finger, noticed it was bleeding again and then noticed that all around who had been watching were splattered with blood (about the same time that they all noticed, too).

as for pro dancing, although it's generally frowned upon for males, i can definitely see the attraction in it. and i think that a lot of men probably go the route of martial arts to get their rhythmic movement fix.

I love dancing!!! I used to be hardcore into ballet until mother nature decided I should have a figure and I've also done jazz, hip-hop, afro-modern (specifically alvin ailey) and a teeny bit of ballroom. I stopped dancing after I was pushed out of ballet due to the fact that my life basically ended but I'm now looking to get back into dance, specifically modern and maybe west-coast swing I also have a couple of friends that want to teach me to shuffle, tektonic, and jump style dancing respectively.