Thread: What should you think about when it comes to bay cloth diapers for the first time?

Default What should you think about when it comes to bay cloth diapers for the first time?

Hi

Like the topic say. What do you need to think about? What is the best site to bay cloth diapers?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazon.com believe it or not distributes from a few places with adult-size cloth diapers. The best place in my opinion, is go to www.baby-pants.com. You want to get night weight cloth diapers, plastic pants, of course, and consider cloth inserts (such as baby diapers or day-weight adult diapers) if you are going to be a heavy wetter. The diapers come in different materials, construction, and shapes, based on price, what reminds you most of childhood, absorbancy, and of course, size. I've done fine getting the bottom-of-the-line Purity brand, but even the cheapest adult diaper is expensive: About 15USD to 20USD each one. (Probably around 10-14EUR). I would get the diaper pins in the adult sizes two, and plan on getting at least four because generally they suggest you pin an adult diaper with four pins.

I hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Next step is folding and wearing. This site has a few suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieABDL View Post
    Amazon.com believe it or not distributes from a few places with adult-size cloth diapers. The best place in my opinion, is go to www.baby-pants.com. You want to get night weight cloth diapers, plastic pants, of course, and consider cloth inserts (such as baby diapers or day-weight adult diapers) if you are going to be a heavy wetter. The diapers come in different materials, construction, and shapes, based on price, what reminds you most of childhood, absorbancy, and of course, size. I've done fine getting the bottom-of-the-line Purity brand, but even the cheapest adult diaper is expensive: About 15USD to 20USD each one. (Probably around 10-14EUR). I would get the diaper pins in the adult sizes two, and plan on getting at least four because generally they suggest you pin an adult diaper with four pins.

I hope this helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Next step is folding and wearing. This site has a few suggestions.
    Yes it need to handle some pee. So what type are i looking for then?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Yes it need to handle some pee. So what type are i looking for then?
    My reccomendation: baby-pants.com plastic pants. For liners: a baby cloth diaper, or an adult day-weight diaper, folded into a long, thin shape to go lengthwise along the center.

For folding this works for me:
    If you buy Purity brand, you have to wash them first. They soften up really good when you wash them. The more expensive, like 30USD/20EUR are contourred nicely and may still have to be washed first, and may be a little better, but you still need to use liners.

1. Fold into thirds, like a letter in an envelope, but lengthwise of course. (Purity brand is square so it doesn't matter). One flap should go over the other.
    2. Lay on changing pad, floor, or bed with the flaps on top. Decide which end is going to be the front and which is the back.
    3. Keeping the front end folded togeather, unfold both flaps of the back end. Place the liner in the middle of the diaper
    4. Sit in the middle, bring the front up, and wrap the flaps of the back around each side of your hips.
    5. Pin the flaps to the front with two pins for each flap. They say you should pin downwards to keep the diaper from fraying near where you pin.
    6. Slide the plastic pants over and slide the leg holes up to the diaper to keep from leaking.

The Americans call that fold the "Newspaper Fold"

Have you checked out the All About Cloth Diapers article? I think some of the stuff in there will help you sort out what options there are and whatnot.

As for suppliers, if you were in the United States I'd suggest adultclothdiaper.com. Since you're over there, though, I'm afraid I'm of little help.

Yes, I order from adultclothdiaper.com, which is I believe, Adult Enterprises, com. I prefer night time pre-fold gauze diapers. The birdseye cloth is a better quality, but they aren't as soft, and they have to be washed many times before they soften.