Thread: RAGE vs Fallout: New Vegas

Default RAGE vs Fallout: New Vegas

Disclaimer, I have not played either of these games.

I've seen Fallout: New Vegas played and discussed as being advanced with a dynamic storyline which changes with your in game actions. It seems like a decent game though it just did not impress me enough to try.

A game that does intrigue me is RAGE. Did ID Software create a good game? Is the software dynamic and allows for player action to influence further game play?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Disclaimer, I have not played either of these games.

I've seen Fallout: New Vegas played and discussed as being advanced with a dynamic storyline which changes with your in game actions. It seems like a decent game though it just did not impress me enough to try.

A game that does intrigue me is RAGE. Did ID Software create a good game? Is the software dynamic and allows for player action to influence further game play?
    ive played both extensively both are made by the same main company-bethesda. though rage is also linked up with ID. the best i can describe the gameplay is bethesda's fallout type setting with ID's DOOM feel when it comes to fighting which all around if it had a better story line ( its short and the ending left you hanging) it would be a brilliant game. fallout is more true RPG style compleate with charecter customization as well as personalized development fallout new vegas was a radical for the fallout line as it was the first game that you didnt start as either a Vault dweller or a Brotherhood of steel member, as well as the fact it had at least four seperate endings which means no two gameplays are the same what people didn't like was it stuck with fallout roots, un like fallout 3 of sorts. classic fallout games created by the original creators where the game ends after the last quest no more freeroam.in Fallout 3 bethesda extended the main quest in DLC allowing for free roam after the game (which bethesda bought out rights for the series just prior to the original release of fallout 3 which then pushed the release date back a few years as the whole game was reworked from the ground up to be avalible on home consoles)

they are both in all reality awesome games but a choice between the two would boil down to do you want rpg capable of 1st and 3rd person combat (fallout) or are you more into the action packed first person shooter games (rage)
    Last edited by Nihlus; 09-Jun-2012 at 20:09. Reason: Merging posts

courier7

I own both games and i would prefer fallout new vegas any day. its unique storyline that you really cant find anywhere else. Also in fallout new vegas there are hundreds of thing you can do that are unique almost every quest. while rage can get very repetative the options in a very few cases are greater then that fallout could ever be, but fallout has some of the most amazing add-ons.

Im a fallout man over RAGE. I have played countless hours on fallout. And i have to disagree with w0lfpack91 in the fact that the ending leaves you hanging. it clearly states what happens afterwords. And finally in Rage your actions do not really influence in the world.

I cant speak for rage but Fallout New Vegas is a fantastic game. I logged way to many hours in that game and I only played it through once! I need to go back and play it again. The world is so immersive and perfect. If you have not played it your missing out.

Although I haven't completed RAGE yet, I would definitely go with Fallout New Vegas. Actually, I would go with Fallout 3, because I liked that more than NV (location was one reason I liked it more).

Quote Originally Posted by courier7 View Post
    I own both games and i would prefer fallout new vegas any day. its unique storyline that you really cant find anywhere else. Also in fallout new vegas there are hundreds of thing you can do that are unique almost every quest. while rage can get very repetative the options in a very few cases are greater then that fallout could ever be, but fallout has some of the most amazing add-ons.

Im a fallout man over RAGE. I have played countless hours on fallout. And i have to disagree with w0lfpack91 in the fact that the ending leaves you hanging. it clearly states what happens afterwords. And finally in Rage your actions do not really influence in the world.
    Oh yes you press a button in the capital city then it goes to a cinimatic of all arc's surfacing then credits roll yeah thats not a cliffhanger at all

I said Rage leaves you hanging if you were reading properly youd know that. fallout is an all around better game I still hate you cand free roam at the end of new Vegas that pissed me off

I personally wasn't too keen on NV but absolutely loved Fallout 3.
    Go figure.

RAGE is an amazing rental. You will not regret that. Though it's only like $15 now in Australia so I would buy it instead of renting if you go for that price/game.

New Vegas I thought was very... meh. I was so excited for it too after the incredible number 3. Oh, the fun Vincent and I had...

:daydreams:

You guys can still -rent- video games? Wow. That's forbidden here. Especially computer games since those are so easy to crack.