Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who actually wants kids?

Default Who actually wants kids?

Hey guys, I just wanted to try and find out if people here actually plan/see themselves having children in the future?

Near enough my life ambition to have kids it seems, they are sooo adorable I'm always the one looking after the younger cousins on days out etc...

So yea, just post your point of view i suppose! Even if you don't want to have children, please post why!

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    both Karen and i have already had children......
    Can i ask how you cope with hiding everything? How old are your children?

both Karen's children and my children are long gone and have children of their own now.
    as to copping..... well if i had been wearing diapers at the time that would not have been a problem. but in the late 70's early 80's being transgendered was a hanging offense on the left-coast. so without any more provocation then that, the judicial system awarded my two children to their mother and i never saw them again. Karen however, has been a bit more lucky then i (ten years later). She sees and talks with Her oldest son all the time (Karen is transgender as well).
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 08-Jun-2012 at 16:42.

Scootalooo

I don't really want kids personally

I definitely want kids. I've always loved kids and taking care of them and playing with them etc. Apparently when I was really little when I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up all I would say was "I wanna be a mommy!" even when prompted for a different answer that was all I would say, it also apparently took me several years to grow out of this I've always wanted to be a mom and I always will. I also don't think being an AB will affect my child-rearing (especially because being an AB isn't sexual for me) as it hasn't affected any of the work I've done with children in the past (I work as a girl scout camp counselor and at a daycare)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMiss View Post
    I definitely want kids. I've always loved kids and taking care of them and playing with them etc. Apparently when I was really little when I was asked what I wanted to be when I grew up all I would say was "I wanna be a mommy!" even when prompted for a different answer that was all I would say, it also apparently took me several years to grow out of this I've always wanted to be a mom and I always will. I also don't think being an AB will affect my child-rearing (especially because being an AB isn't sexual for me) as it hasn't affected any of the work I've done with children in the past (I work as a girl scout camp counselor and at a daycare)
    That's good I guess the only way being an AB would effect the upbringing of a child is that you know how important a childhood is. I know personally I will be the best dad in the world! Just the smaller things i wish i had whilst growing up, just makes me think realization of this will make me be a better parent!

I do. I really wouldn't feel complete in life without having kids, sadly..

I would definitely like kids at somepoint, although not any time soon.

I've been looking a lot into fostering children, recently, since there's a massive drive on the radio for more foster parents. I would love to have children of my own someday, but until that happens I feel like I should be giving love to the poor souls who don't have anyone for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I would definitely like kids at somepoint, although not any time soon.

I've been looking a lot into fostering children, recently,
    Funny, same here. I'd much rather go this route for five or ten years, then consider having my own.

My parents fostered for ten years or so and it was an incredible experience. Even at a young age, I knew we were helping and giving these children things they'd never had. Now, I feel even more strongly that I have a lot to give to such children.

So, in short: Yeah, I want kids. Does it have to be my own kids? No, not at all. Not if I can help others.