Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: i will never talk bad about a police officer again

Default i will never talk bad about a police officer again

so today on my way home from work in my stepdad's mustang i rolled through a speed trap at 115mph on a road that was speed limit 55mph. after explaining how horrible my day was and why i was going so fast the officer decided to only give me a warning and told me to just slow down.

I will never down a police officer again

You are one lucky dog... He was probably in a very good mood, too.

he may have let me off with a warning but he made me call my mother so he could talk to her. since i still live at home with parents im not sure if he let me off easy or signed my death certificate wont know till 6:00

10 years in prison or tell my mum on me.......i'll take the 10yrs everytime

Surely the more important question is why were you travelling at a very dangerous speed in the first place? Having a bad day is no excuse for being so stupid in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    Surely the more important question is why were you travelling at a very dangerous speed in the first place? Having a bad day is no excuse for being so stupid in the first place.
    Yeah, this ^^

I'm sure everyone who drives has exceeded a speed limit at some time or other, but going x2 the legal limit??

I feel he shouldn't have let you off the hook. I believe you deserve some legal punishment. Going above the speed limit is silly enough, but going twice the speed limit is as stupid as it is dangerous.

Count yourself lucky. Police are good people, I've never understood why people like to talk badly about them to begin with. Some are hard-asses, and others are kind. More often than not, you'll find the kind officers. They're there to keep you safe, and going twice the speed limit conflicts with that.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten View Post
    put me in a fast car and my IQ drops 100 points and to be honest it was the first time ive been pulled over since i got my licence.

- - - Updated - - -

besides once you drive that car you will understand. it is Raw untapped horsepower, normal car produces roughly 300-350 horse power, corvette roughly 600 horsepower, stepdads's mustang 776 horse power at the wheels with a 4.11 gear set up in the rearend that car will easily do 120 in 3rd gear. also long open streight stretch with no other cars. it was my first time driving the cari couldn't resist even if i tried

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91 View Post
    put me in a fast car and my IQ drops 100 points and to be honest it was the first time ive been pulled over since i got my licence.

- - - Updated - - -

besides once you drive that car you will understand. it is Raw untapped horsepower, normal car produces roughly 300-350 horse power, corvette roughly 600 horsepower, stepdads's mustang 776 horse power at the wheels with a 4.11 gear set up in the rearend that car will easily do 120 in 3rd gear. also long open streight stretch with no other cars. it was my first time driving the cari couldn't resist even if i tried
    Yeah... sounds like you don't deserve to have a license. You can't resist going over the speed limit? How is that better than "I can't resist driving when I'm drunk"? It's just as much of a hazard for everyone else on the road. The speed limits aren't just to avoid you getting in an accident. I know the speed limit is around 60 km/h here, so I can make an accurate judgement on how much time I have to turn. A guy comes speeding down going twice that speed is not something that's expected, and now I'm at risk of misjudging because some d-bag decides he really, really likes putting his foot down so his phallic overcompensation device can make him feel like big guy on campus. The cop really should have at least suspended your license.

so today on my way home from work in my stepdad's mustang i rolled through a speed trap at 115mph on a road that was speed limit 55mph. after explaining how horrible my day was and why i was going so fast the officer decided to only give me a warning and told me to just slow down.
    So you were caught doing something absurdly dangerous- to yourself and others- and a cop let you off with a warning?

I think a whole hell of a lot less of that cop right now.

- - - Updated - - -

besides once you drive that car you will understand.
    I understand you could have killed someone, and that's all I think I need to understand. People with so little self-control as to do what you did because the temptation was to great should have their licenses put through a shredder and be forced to rely on other means of transportation.