Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incontinent and Homeless

Unhappy Incontinent and Homeless

My fiancee and i are homeless and we are saving to move out, August, but I have all his support and he is very understanding. my only problem is how im gonna hide that i need diapers and also if i cant hide it how do i deal with it because these people are here all the time?
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

if you are really incontinent then look into.. i think it's medicaid and they should be able to help you out if you don't have money also don't be ashamed, it's a medical issue that you didn't decide on, not something you wanted

if not, you will have to deal sorry

medicaid helps out with diapers? i was always told they dont cover that? or does it depend on the state or the doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedaddy View Post
    medicaid helps out with diapers? i was always told they don't cover that? or does it depend on the state or the doctor?
    i was told it is covered if the doctor tests you for true incontinence, i definitely could be wrong since i never went threw the incontinence testing process

My fiancee and i are homeless and we are saving to move out, August, but I have all his support and he is very understanding. my only problem is how im gonna hide that i need diapers and also if i cant hide it how do i deal with it because these people are here all the time?
    PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!
    I don't understand :S

FairyCakes

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    I don't understand :S
    They're probably in a shelter or living with family.

medicaid helps out with diapers? i was always told they dont cover that? or does it depend on the state or the doctor?

Quote Originally Posted by Slycamer View Post
    i was told it is covered if the doctor tests you for true incontinence, i definitely could be wrong since i never went threw the incontinence testing process
    It depends on the state whether or not they'll cover diapers, and even in the states that do it's generally only done if other treatment methods are not effective or (as is my case), actually part of the cause of your incontinence.

Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    even in the states that do it's generally only done if other treatment methods are not effective or (as is my case), actually part of the cause of your incontinence.
    Please elaborate, how did tests/treatment cause incontinance?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    Please elaborate, how did tests/treatment cause incontinance?
    Cath removal done incorrectly. Ironically it was part of a test to find out why I was having troubles with bed wetting actually. I don't remember the exact specifics, but essentially while trying to remove the damn thing it got stuck and the nurse kept pulling not realizing what had happened. It ended up damaging one of the muscles (and they suspect nerves as well). It didn't cause problems immediately, but it has weakened over the years to the point that I wear 24/7 due to the leakage issues.

FairyCakes

Quote Originally Posted by oreocookie View Post
    Cath removal done incorrectly. Ironically it was part of a test to find out why I was having troubles with bed wetting actually. I don't remember the exact specifics, but essentially while trying to remove the damn thing it got stuck and the nurse kept pulling not realizing what had happened. It ended up damaging one of the muscles (and they suspect nerves as well). It didn't cause problems immediately, but it has weakened over the years to the point that I wear 24/7 due to the leakage issues.
    Ow :S