Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First Ever PikaChu Drawing

BabyPikachu

Default My First Ever PikaChu Drawing

This is one of the first drawings I've ever made of a pokemon. Please tell me what you think of it.
    (Move this to more appropriate catagory if neccesary)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MYBabyPikachuDrawing.jpg 
Views:	9879 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	12545

This is pretty cute for a first drawing. The only thing I can really draw well are stickmen.
    Pikachu will need a diaper change after its nap. lol

Locke

Technically, wouldn't it just be a pichu in diapers, since that is a baby pokemon?

SkarTiger

Really cute. Nice block colouring. Also, did I mention I think it is extremely cute?

BabyPikachu

Quote Originally Posted by Locke View Post
    Technically, wouldn't it just be a pichu in diapers, since that is a baby pokemon?
    Pikachu is the evolved form of pichu, so Technically pikachu isn't a "Baby Pokemon", but I wanted to draw a picture of Pikachu in Diapers.

BabyPikachu

Default My Newest Drawing. Tell me what you think!

I have started drawing Pokemon, and I finished another one today. My own kind of Charizard I guess you could say. Tell me what you think!
    If this is in the wrong catagory please feel free to move it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	My Charizard In Diapers.jpg 
Views:	4583 
Size:	21.8 KB 
ID:	12554

The lineart on the face and wings isn't terrible by any means, though I'm assuming you used a reference. The perspective between the left and right wing is a bit off, though.

Your technique for the colours needs improvement though: I think you need to practice more and possibly get some better quality equipment. At the moment it looks "scrappy".

All I think about the limbs is he looks like an amputee. Sorry. :P

This highlights the need for you to work on shadow and texture. The diaper doesn't really resemble a diaper at all. And unless you know what you're doing, large areas of solid colour tend not to work too well.

Apologies if I seem overly critical, I want to help you improve, I really do! I'd recommend you start by doing some studies of human and animal anatomy. :3

The key to becoming a good artist is drawing lots of things, from observation. Look at reality, and look at what other artists do with it. Then combine that with your own ideas.

Locke

Quote Originally Posted by BabyPikachu View Post
    Pikachu is the evolved form of pichu, so Technically pikachu isn't a "Baby Pokemon", but I wanted to draw a picture of Pikachu in Diapers.
    That's what I said, Pichu is a baby pokemon.
    The Charizard is pretty good, but the left wing does look a little of.

Any more Pokemon in diapers that you are planning to draw? Like a Squirtle or a Cyndaquil or a Teddiursa?

BabyPikachu

Quote Originally Posted by x000017 View Post
    The lineart on the face and wings isn't terrible by any means, though I'm assuming you used a reference. The perspective between the left and right wing is a bit off, though.

Your technique for the colours needs improvement though: I think you need to practice more and possibly get some better quality equipment. At the moment it looks "scrappy".

All I think about the limbs is he looks like an amputee. Sorry. :P

This highlights the need for you to work on shadow and texture. The diaper doesn't really resemble a diaper at all. And unless you know what you're doing, large areas of solid colour tend not to work too well.

Apologies if I seem overly critical, I want to help you improve, I really do! I'd recommend you start by doing some studies of human and animal anatomy. :3

The key to becoming a good artist is drawing lots of things, from observation. Look at reality, and look at what other artists do with it. Then combine that with your own ideas.
    I realize its not the best, but the only way to get better is to see what others think. I cant get mad, you expressed your honest opinion. Thats all that counts. Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep trying to improve my drawing skills, and Yes, I really do need better drawing equipment. All I have is a number 2 pencil, and a pack of Crayola Color Pencils (Which does not give you enough colors). I have had better work in the past, but it took me days to finish and tons of paper. This was more of a rushed job.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyThornton004 View Post
    Any more Pokemon in diapers that you are planning to draw? Like a Squirtle or a Cyndaquil or a Teddiursa?

Not really sure at the moment. Have a request?