Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just have to rant for a second (On the Topic of LeBron James)

Default I just have to rant for a second (On the Topic of LeBron James)

Earlier today, I heard someone say "f### LeBron."

I don't understand this mentality.

Why? Because he's a good role model? How many times have you heard of LeBron James getting arrested?

Because he's one of the most unselfish players in the NBA? That's a double edged sword. If he takes the last shot and misses, he's a choke artist. But if he doesn't, he's scared? How is that fair?

Because he is genuinely a good guy? Because he is one of the few elite guys that isn't completely arrogant and full of himself?

And yet, everyone hates him. I don't get it.

Or does everyone just not have a reason and are all just jumping on the bandwagon?

Please don't tell me it was "the decision". It was a mistake on his part, but a mistake that ESPN pushed him to do. He should have said no, but didn't. Oh well. He put his heart and soul into Cleveland and Cleveland didn't give him anything in return. They didn't care enough about winning to get him some help. So he left and found some. Can't blame the guy for that.

Sorry...had to get that out.

/endrant

He chose to go to whatever the hell the team was he's with now because he wants a camphionship ring. In which case I don't blame him.

The team he left their fans felt betrayed since they/the team "owned" James from the draft. He was their player and without him they were going back to the reality there team is mediocre if not bad. And I guess every other fan from every other team has feelings on it too.However the guy's just a player and unless he and his team beats yours I just wish they would shut the #$^# up about it.

Unrelated but I guess useful idea note:

I'd also petition the NBA about a rule change adding snipers in the roofs one for each team. But they can only shoot at the players of the opposing team. But for some reason I think they'll reject that idea. So for now and likely forever I will never enjoy a basketball game unless I'm courtside and I get to taunt white players on the teams bench who rarely get to play. Then they'll taunt me saying they get paid to do nothing but workout.

I must say a modest nba player is a breath of fresh air but when your that famous you have to expect people hating you for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by huskvarna View Post
    I must say a modest nba player is a breath of fresh air but when your that famous you have to expect people hating you for no reason.
    I was pretty much praising god when Tom Brady got into a car accident, I wasn't hoping he died but I was hoping for a broken leg. :P

This is because I hate the patriots NFL team. because in most if not all of their games came down to a 3 point kick.Beating out my St. Louis rams. Since then my team's only got worse and worse and recently they threw away good draft picks. <_>

It's bnot much of a valid reason to hate tom brady, but it's still a reason. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I was pretty much praising god when Tom Brady got into a car accident, I wasn't hoping he died but I was hoping for a broken leg. :P

This is because I hate the patriots NFL team. because in most if not all of their games came down to a 3 point kick.Beating out my St. Louis rams. Since then my team's only got worse and worse and recently they threw away good draft picks. <_>

It's bnot much of a valid reason to hate tom brady, but it's still a reason. :P
    Want a reason to hate Tom Brady?

I'm starting to think that Tom Brady is a bit of a jerk - Stampede Blue

I am going to say this as a die-hard Cleveland Cavaliers fan and someone who has been with the team since before Gordon Gund bought the team in the early 80s under Ted Stepin's threat to move the team out of Cleveland to Toronto and was still loyal to the team when the team almost left Cleveland in the late 1990s and early 2000's- I however am over losing LeBron and hope that one day the Cavaliers with the right picks, players can move up into the ranks of league elites.

I know some people hate Cleveland fans cause of how we reacted over it and I admit I was stung by it but I will be honest- doing that 'The Decision' show was a mistake. You should have seen the lead stories on the local news during that time. Everyone was like 'Will he or won't he leave?' I had my thoughts he was going to leave Cleveland from the get-go but I didn't want to think that.

When The Decison was announced that only heightened my suspicions. Many fans around me didn't believe me he'd leave.

The night before that show i was at the bar after work and at 1am it came up on the ESPN ticker that LeBron was intending to sign with Miami. I looked at the bartender and ordered a shot of Jack Daniels because I hated being right on that front.

In the aftermath two years removed from that whole conundrum; I prefer to remember the good times with LeBron and not the crap afterwards because it let me see my team in the NBA Finals for the first and only time in franchise history. I'd rather remember what we had and not the aftermath. I still have a framed photo of LeBron going for a dunk on my wall in a Cavaliers uniform that I was given as a Christmas present by the person who snapped the picture because I want to remember the good days.

I love my team, I've moved on from LeBron and I still have my throwback jersey and unlike the idiot fans who burned their shit I decided to keep the jersey as a reminder of what we had and hope that one day the Cavaliers are able to be winners again.

I know there is a lot of anti-Cleveland fan sentiment but I am not like most Cleveland fans- sure I was upset over the decison to go onto Miami and play with his buddies- but I am over it. And did I go out and burn my LeBron things? No. I kept them and decided to remember the good times and not the bad times. And yeah- I do get some grief sometimes over that from other fans but I don't care. He was just player- I love the TEAM- not the player.

Do I like LeBron? No I don't because I didn't like how immature that ESPN special was and how he handled the whole thing. However, I do respect him because he still gives back to his hometown- nearby Akron, Ohio and does a lot of good work there. THAT, I do respect. I respect how he gives back and goes home to Akron instead of spending all his time in Miami. The guy respects his hometown and that is something I respect.

So there is reason to hate LeBron but I have moved on from it and hope my team can move onto the NBA playoffs and maybe one day bring the trophy home.

I know some may say I'm biased as a Cleveland fan but I'm trying, really trying to be mature about it as a fan of the team first and not the player we once had. I will always be a Cleveland fan whether we win or lose or whatever- I'd rather have the team than go through losing a team again like I did with the Browns in 1995. I don't want to lose the team- players come and go but the team is forever.

Losing a team to relocation is a hard thing to go through and something I'd never wish on any fan. Plus, we did almost lose the Indians in the 1990s had the inititiave that built Jacobs Field not been approved by voters and in the late 80s there were threats of the Indians leaving Cleveland- hence Major League- lol. I'd rather have the team and not the player that wins. To use an example- think about the Chicago Bulls after Jordan left- did they give up on the team? No. Will I give up on the Cavs? No.

WildThing121675

He is over hyped. He's not a clutch player. Immature, lacks class, humility and can be extremely selfish with the ball.

Besides that his dunks are all the same. :p

F*** LBJ and F*** Chris Bosh.

I hope neither of them win anything in this league.

In what way does he lack class and humility? He's one of, if not, THE most humble star in the NBA. Much more so than the likes of Kobe or Jordan.

He has to be selfish with the ball. If he passes up the last shot, then he's called a coward. If he doesn't, and misses, he's selfish and unclutch. So what's he supposed to do?

LittleDrummerGirl

I'm rather neutral on the sports topic - but as an Ohioan, I know a thing or two about LeBron.

The decision - not only was it overhyped, but it devastated the Cavs. They didn't have time to gather funds to sign new players because they were saving everything to pay LeBron.

Also, yes, he thanked Akron, his hometown. But not once did he thank Cleveland, any players or staff of the Cavs, or the team at all. And he promised to win a ring in Cleveland - did he apoligize for breaking that promise? Nope.

Eh Im not a fan of LeBron James. He is a very nice guy and a good rolemodel however. I really just hate the Heat. The whole notion of the Big 3 pissed me off before it even happened. I just wouldn't want him on my team due to his performances in the 4th quarter of key games. I would much rather have Kobe. I think that he is the better player.