Thread: hey

Question hey

what do you think makes you a adult baby or a diaper lover? how does it make you feel to be in the role?
    for me i think what makes me a adult baby is how i feel inside and how i feel so amazing when im in the role of my daddy's little baby girl and how i love feeling the diapers feel on me. the way a toy still strikes my since of wonder. and how a paci bottle a baby blanket a diaper and a doll makes me feel so amazingly content . it all makes me feel so alive

I think you encapsulated very concisely the joy behind being an 'AB', especially in your last sentence: "It all makes me feel so alive."

The world to me, at least through adult eyes, it very much 'discovered'. I mean this in the sense that I am expected to fulfill a certain role, interact in a certain way, strive for certain goals, and so on. To be honest, I don't really have a beef with this. It is simply how society operates and as much as I wish it were different, we do need 'adults'. We need responsible people who are willing to set aside what they might wish life was and, instead, face head-on what it actually is.

Some really savor this struggle. I have plenty of friends who, as far as I know, are living the dreams that many twenty and thirty-somethings wish for in commonplace society. That's wonderful; good on them. For me, though, that doesn't do it. I can wear the grown-up facade and pull off the act pretty well. (...I think.) I hold down a professional career, pay my bills, and help old ladies cross the road. In all honestly, I even enjoy some of it: a nice double scotch on the rocks paired with good conversation and great friends is pretty hard to beat.

What makes me tick, though, what allows me to feel not only truly content, but feel genuinely loved, is getting in touch with the four-year-old who gingerly carries my soul in his wobbly and unsure grasp. It is that wonder in a simply toy, as you mentioned, that brings out this relishing of the simpler things in life. It's the way I love getting a bear hug from my good friend or the way I feel small and protected in my sleeper, clutching my teddy bear tightly. It's the way I feel helpless when I wake up wet, but don't feel ashamed. Instead of a glass-half-empty approach, the cup overflows, frothing with a lightness that is drearily absent from the day-to-day doldrums of an adult's daily itinerary. I don't have to check off proscribed boxes to know that I am 'okay'; rather, I simply am.

The sad thing is that as adults, we think we have it all figured out. Yet, in reality, we understand about as much as we did as when we were kids. However, we're not allowed to feel that way, since doing so would leave a lot of us scared and bewildered...or at least we're convinced as such. As an AB, I am able to drop this inhibition, and in those moments of clarity, the world isn't 'discovered'. Everything I touch and see and take in has another dimension to it that is impossible to describe. The amazement in the world around us returns and I feel as though there's a reason to be excited for tomorrow. It is a zeal that so often is lost to so many, one that this species could certainly do with more of.

That is why I know I am an AB and that is why I wouldn't have it any other way.

thats a nice way of putting it i also wouldn't have my life any other way i love being a ab my life as a ab makes me well me

Quote Originally Posted by babyjewels1122 View Post
    what do you think makes you a adult baby or a diaper lover? how does it make you feel to be in the role?
    for me i think what makes me a adult baby is how i feel inside and how i feel so amazing when im in the role of my daddy's little baby girl and how i love feeling the diapers feel on me. the way a toy still strikes my since of wonder. and how a paci bottle a baby blanket a diaper and a doll makes me feel so amazingly content . it all makes me feel so alive
    I think of it as an escape from the real world. Not that I feel particularly out of place in the real world, it's just that part of me doesn't really want to be there. I've not quite worked out how much of me that is, but I do know that there's few things better than being padded while snuggling under my blankie with my paci and sippy cup. I find it wonderful to be there. Sometimes when I'm there my mind wanders and I think about something "big" like money servicing the car or bills or whatever, and those things can seem so far off and alien.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onecho View Post
    What makes me tick, though, what allows me to feel not only truly content, but feel genuinely loved, is getting in touch with the four-year-old who gingerly carries my soul in his wobbly and unsure grasp. It is that wonder in a simply toy, as you mentioned, that brings out this relishing of the simpler things in life. It's the way I love getting a bear hug from my good friend or the way I feel small and protected in my sleeper, clutching my teddy bear tightly. It's the way I feel helpless when I wake up wet, but don't feel ashamed. Instead of a glass-half-empty approach, the cup overflows, frothing with a lightness that is drearily absent from the day-to-day doldrums of an adult's daily itinerary. I don't have to check off proscribed boxes to know that I am 'okay'; rather, I simply am.
    I understand where you're coming from, although I have to be honest and say that I've not yet managed to connect my AB side into my real-world thinking that much. That said, I do draw some kind of strength from the very limited time I do get to spend little.

PS I'm impressed at you managing to get the word "frothing" in there