Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Stereotypes regarding the South

Default Stereotypes regarding the South

Okay, so.... Yeah. I just got called a stupid hillbilly online in a game.

Real mature of me to post something online in a place like this, yeah? But the fact of the matter is, it didn't hurt any less.

So yeah, I've got a southern accent.

But I've also got an associate's degree. I'm a shift manager at a fairly large facility. I don't drive stereotypical 'hillbilly' cars, like a Bronco, Ford Pickup, or any other vehicle that's associated with hillbillies.

I'm just a normal guy with a strong southern accent that comes from living in the mountains of Virginia.

Pardon my language, but what's the f'in problem with that?

Not a DAMN thing wrong with being from the South! You should be proud of your Southern Heritage. People can be as ignorant as they want, don't let it bother you.

You can use that as a two-fold thing. Not much is expected out of you and then when you over exceed, people are impressed.

My advise. Fuck the haters. Who gives half a shit if some insecure fucktard calls you a name while playing a game online.

P.s sorry about my harsh language if your easly offended.

It's alright, I just don't much care for that level of mistreatment.

And quite the opposite DrummerDude, they expect the world out of me everywhere it seems. =/ But whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by Denube View Post

And quite the opposite DrummerDude, they expect the world out of me everywhere it seems. =/ But whatever...
    I've come to find that people on the internet will use whatever they can to mistreat you, in many cases merely for disagreeing with them over something completely trivial. As long as you're happy with who you are and where you're going, to hell with what everybody else says.

Quote Originally Posted by Denube View Post

I'm just giving some of my experience... That's good that they consider you worthy of your position(possibly promotion)!

Rule 1 of the internet- Don't take anything anyone tells you seriously, and especially don't let it bother you, or else you will have a really tough time.

To be brutally honest if your the type of person who gets offended by stuff like that from random strangers on the internet, then it may not be the best place for you.

FrozenConcentratedOJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orcaway View Post
    To be brutally honest if your the type of person who gets offended by stuff like that from random strangers on the internet, then it may not be the best place for you.
    This is very true. Internet gaming is notorious for congregating the most needlessly rude people on the planet. Or at least, it gives them the anonymity to be needlessly rude. If it bugs you that much, I can only suggest playing without a mic or muting the offenders. If nothing else, take comfort in knowing that the internet brutally makes fun of everybody for everything, not just you.

This might help explain things. And it has puppets!

Hey man, the world can use a few more rednecks! Not white trash but hard working, honest to God, gun carrying law men with more respect for others than what they will recieve!
    Like me... The redneck sterotype should stay in the trailer park. Let the good ones run free.
    P.S. The smallest tires my truck has ever had was 37's