Thread: Medical question

Default Medical question

Warning: Diaper related

Not sure if this belongs here but today (for the last 6 hours or so) I have had a huge amount of gas. And every hour or so it feels like I'm going to have diarrhea but then basically nothing. Anyone have any ideas on what may be the problem? My diet is your typical broke college student diet but I don't eat anything that bad and my digestive system is normally really robust. I'm really sorry if this is not where this belongs or if people find this gross.

(Silver lining though: First time I've been able to justify buying diapers in a year)

I think that's just gas. Your intestines hate being stretched and so you'll cramp up really bad if you eat a bunch of gross food.

Have you eaten anything particularly bad lately?

Don't worry about it if it doesn't last for more than a few days. If it goes past that then maybe you should look for some medical assistance. Drink lots of water mixed with cranberry juice and lay off greasy foods for a day and see if it improves.

Cushiebabe

...I think you should drink some pepto bismol just in case and keep diapered...I've had accidents before...very sorry for sharing that also...

Quote Originally Posted by razgriz2142 View Post
    Warning: Diaper related

Not sure if this belongs here but today (for the last 6 hours or so) I have had a huge amount of gas. And every hour or so it feels like I'm going to have diarrhea but then basically nothing. Anyone have any ideas on what may be the problem? My diet is your typical broke college student diet but I don't eat anything that bad and my digestive system is normally really robust. I'm really sorry if this is not where this belongs or if people find this gross.

(Silver lining though: First time I've been able to justify buying diapers in a year)

very true lol

Have you eaten something you don't normally eat? Beans? Broccoli? A sudden increase of fibre?

Peppermint essence is good for gas/bloating/digestive upsets. Or just suck some peppermint sweets (provided that they're made with real mint essence rather than artificial flavourings).