Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats your OS set up

Default Whats your OS set up

There seems to be alot of computer savy people here so im curious what set up are you all useing for OS

My gateway desktop that i just got working this weekend runs a dual boot(of sorts) windows 7 main and if you interupt the boot location and select the secondary hard drive it will boot up fedora 17 (kinda like a hidden os for my more private stuff)

my main laptop is just windows 7 and has the oracle virtual box set up with fedora 14

and my second laptop (that i use mostly in windows domminated high risk areas) booted up fedora 14 but has just been upgraded to fedora 17 today

I just run Windows 7. I've played around with Linux (Ubuntu mainly) but it's not really practical for me. More just something to experiment with.

yeah windows is more practical but like i said i love linux on public windows dominated networks because linux is a ghost to windows ive tried everything and i cant find or see my linux pc's on any of my windows pc's despite they are all on the same network
    but i can see windows from linux still havent figured out how to get into them yet.

Well at the moment I'm using iOS 4.2.1, but if I can ever get the reset disks from my friend I'd be on windows vista. (I'd install Linux on it though because Vista isn't a very good OS)

Quote Originally Posted by Chanch0 View Post
    Vista isn't a very good OS)

i totaly agree vista is CRAP!! worst os yet

My old reliable Dell Inspiron 1525 I got as a college gift dual boots a tweaked out Windows Vista and Kubuntu. Kubuntu being the main OS. I've got a fully functional 97NEC comp also running Puppy Linux 98 and Win98 version 1. I can only do anything with that comp through Puppy since it supports software and hardware up to 2005. I also have a Gateway 2000 with a Celeron II I'm converting over to a cheap server. I had Arch Linux and Chakra Linux on a couple other machines but they are now gone. On the Dell I'm also configuring Chromium OS to be used on it since I primarily dwell on the net lately.

Quote Originally Posted by w0lfpack91
    i totaly agree vista is CRAP!! worst os yet
    Never once had a problem with it, and I configured a few hrm... "settings" for giggles. It's competent for general purpose.

because linux is a ghost to windows ive tried everything and i cant find or see my linux pc's on any of my windows pc's despite they are all on the same network
    but i can see windows from linux still havent figured out how to get into them yet.
    Linux runs a little different and probably don't have the settings configured to see the Linux comps. Windows can't even access Linux partitions due to the file system and requires special software.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Never once had a problem with it, and I configured a few hrm... "settings" for giggles. It's competent for general purpose.
    my old xp desktop was upgraded to vista few years back i had nothing but blue screens and major process failures on that OS, upgraded it once more to windows 7 (because windows wont let you downgrade with out a format) and never had another problem out of it, then i sold it

I am running XP Pro from going from vista (hated vista ) In the near future ill upgrade to Win 7. I have played with ubuntu and did not enjoy it i am a windows person and a Android phone user (go figure)

StripesTheSkunk

Mac OSX 10.5.8!

PullupKid

Mac os 10.6.8, because lion sucks, majorly. And I would go to Windows, or maybe Ubuntu Linux, but I like my music producing software and my interface as it is.

And I'm an Apple fanboy.