Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New abdl store

nappiboy

Default New abdl store

Hi everyone, I am trying to open a new abdl online store. I am looking for ideas of what to sell.
    I am doing this as I am always looking for the best abdl stuff and dont know were to look.
    I cant promise I have enough money to do this but if I can I want to help us.
    Please let me know, I am not trying to find out so I can make lots of money, I will ne charging only a little profit to let the store continue.

start by looking at what you want from the store and build around it, thing is unless you've go $40k lying around it's going to be difficult to kick start a business like that and most of the market would be abroad for you making shipping prohibitively expensive do the math on how much space you'd need to store a standard sized truck of diapers and the cost of doing that and on top you need the space for loading, an area for packaging, and the space for the minimum stock level, add 10% because once you unwrap a pallet it's pretty much expands that much and that's just diapers, you want to sell clothes, pacis, furniture as well and the numbers sky rocket, and you have to be able to sustain running at a loss for a while in such a tight market with so much competition.

That said if you want any help I know a little about business, I can lend my ear.

nappiboy

Quote Originally Posted by DylanK View Post
    start by looking at what you want from the store and build around it, thing is unless you've go $40k lying around it's going to be difficult to kick start a business like that and most of the market would be abroad for you making shipping prohibitively expensive do the math on how much space you'd need to store a standard sized truck of diapers and the cost of doing that and on top you need the space for loading, an area for packaging, and the space for the minimum stock level, add 10% because once you unwrap a pallet it's pretty much expands that much and that's just diapers, you want to sell clothes, pacis, furniture as well and the numbers sky rocket, and you have to be able to sustain running at a loss for a while in such a tight market with so much competition.

That said if you want any help I know a little about business, I can lend my ear.
    Thanks

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk 2

my advice would be dont bother for a number of reasons

1. there are enough suppliers out there already for what is essentially a niche market, breaking into any niche market is impossible unless you have a really good hook
    2. you would need to be better then the rest from the very start
    3. the whole AB/DL market is a custom market catering for an infinite number of needs and wants which could see startup cost spiral out of control trying to please everyone
    4. even the smallest slipup at the start could see you blackballed by the community
    5. the only good start up plan would involve being the cheapest around (probably one of the main consideration any of us make on ordering) but this might mean you make no profit at all
    6. most of us already have a preferred supplier changing our minds would be very difficult
    7. reselling would be a business killer as no-one wants to pay more for something they can get straight from source themselves

these are just a few things off the top of my head im sure there are more cons but unfortunately i cant think of any pro's

Quote Originally Posted by nappiboy View Post
    Hi everyone, I am trying to open a new abdl online store. I am looking for ideas of what to sell.
    I am doing this as I am always looking for the best abdl stuff and dont know were to look.
    I cant promise I have enough money to do this but if I can I want to help us.
    Please let me know, I am not trying to find out so I can make lots of money, I will ne charging only a little profit to let the store continue.
    Sell a high-quality plastic-backed diaper.

As they're leaving the world, if you can secure (buy) the rights to the machinery, and turn them up, you'll make a nice profit.

I fear

PIE + SKY = FAIL

Sorry mate unless you have something original to make you stand out its not worth bothering!

Inspired by a recent purchase of ABU diapers and a subsequent post on this thread I'll reiterate my opinion.

If a company would put their resources into producing a true baby diaper replica that is;

as thick and absorbent as an Abena X-plus,

had one large tape on each side,

I know some like the prints but I would also like the option of a plain white plastic exterior,

and had functional standing leak guards that almost bite into the skin to provide an effective seal from leaks

I would be willing to pay a premium price and I believe many others would as well. I could see paying between $5 and $10 each for them as long as they were sold in small quantities like a two pack.

nappiboy

Thanks for the suggestions, anyone else got any suggestions on products as I understand the risk and am happy to give it a go. Its about us and what you are looking for not the money. I am trying to suport us.

Sent from my GT-S5830T using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post

If a company would put their resources into producing a true baby diaper replica that is;

as thick and absorbent as an Abena X-plus,

had one large tape on each side,

I know some like the prints but I would also like the option of a plain white plastic exterior,

and had functional standing leak guards that almost bite into the skin to provide an effective seal from leaks

I would be willing to pay a premium price and I believe many others would as well. I could see paying between $5 and $10 each for them as long as they were sold in small quantities like a two pack.
    As I don't wear more than once or twice a week I think a pack of five would be quite reasonable and descrete to post

Also plastic pants are always worth a look but if you want an original idea I'd love a proper pair of mittens, strong elastic acted cuff ,shaped so you have to hold your hand in a fist and dense foam padding around the fist to make it awkward to grip things! I'd pay GOOD money for a pair . No ribbon ties, chains or padlock and definitely NO GLORIFIED OVEN MITS!!!!!!

It would be nice to get clothing for us larger AB/dls.

Pretty much every supplier I've seen carries feety pyjamas in sizes up to 6 ft' , I'm 6'3" though, so those don't really fit well. Even if they have the clothing in my size, they charge an arm and a leg. I managed to find one place that had the pyjamas I wanted in my size, it cost me $120 for two pairs in my size, and that was with free shipping. It really make me envious of people who can buy them at target for like $15.

-Ron