Thread: Are TotalDry X-plus (formerly secure x-plus) the same as Bellisimo?

Default Are TotalDry X-plus (formerly secure x-plus) the same as Bellisimo?

I just got some of the new iteration of Secure-xplus - now called "TotalDry X-plus". In the past, the secure xplus was essentially identical to the Bambino Bianco/classico - not any more...

They are much wider and seemingly thicker; plastic is different; smell is different; tapes are different. Still has the landing zone thing but they seem quite similar to the Bellisimo's I"ve tried (just had a sample of those - not a big fan of the baby prints).

Anyone have some insight on this? Maybe will post pictures at some point for purposes of comparison...

I don't know for sure but I remember reading that one of the bigger diaper brands owns bambino and they use the same diapers but they put a print on it to market to ab/dl's.

That would be AWESOME! I loved bellisimo, but hated the prints.

Never been able to try Secure X-Plus/TotalDry X-Plus or any Bambinos but as I would love to I read all the articles and bits I can find and have built up the following profile in my mind:

1, Secure X-Plus and Bambinos used to have sizes small to large and everyone was pretty happy.
    2, They dropped the size small upsetting some people.
    3, The medium and large Bambinos began being manufactured on a new machine making them smaller upsetting more people.
    4, Secure X-Plus products are now renamed TotalDry X-Plus and from what I have read are now larger and wider in the crotch than they were before,

In conjunction with seemingly large periods where the products are not available I wonder if they are still the same product (just different visuals) or if they are being manufactured on a variety of different machines.

The OCD in me would love to see all the iterations of the products lines up with measurements and some sort of statement from (who ever the product managers are) stating their intention to sizing etc with measurements.

Not having a dig at Secure or Bambino, I would love to be their customer,

If the "Total Dry" X-Plus is essentially the same thing as the Secure X-Plus was, then the answer would be no.

The Secure X-Plus was *almost* as absorbent as an Abena M4, and the Belisomo (it was still the "New Diaper" when I tried it.) is considerably more absorbent than an M4.

Personally, I didn't like either the Secure X-Plus or the "New Diaper". It just kinda felt like my mid section was in a swimming pool...

To clarify a bit - the TotalDry xplus appears to be an updated version of the secure xplus.

The secure xplus was (say maybe just 2 months ago and before) EXACTLY the same as bambino classico/bianco - I know this because I had both at the time and compared.

Now, the TotalDry is out; has the same exact print as the old secure xplus and is essentially sold in the place of SecureXplus by bambino...but is not the same diaper as it was before...seems to me that it is now exactly the same as the Bellisimo from my recollection of that one.

Contact Us : Bambino Diapers, The Best Source for ABDL Diapers and Products!
    Contact Us : Secure Personal Care

The address for both places is the same other then the suite letter and the web design for both websites were both done by Activo.

The company that owns Secure or whatever owns and makes Bambinos as a side venture. The previous Secure X-Plus and Bambino diapers were literally the exact same diaper with a different tape panel. Same thickness, same cut, same tapes, same material for the taping panel, just a different pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    The company that owns Secure or whatever owns and makes Bambinos as a side venture. The previous Secure X-Plus and Bambino diapers were literally the exact same diaper with a different tape panel. Same thickness, same cut, same tapes, same material for the taping panel, just a different pattern.
    True dat.