Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Her Majesty Diamond Jubilee.....

Default Her Majesty Diamond Jubilee.....

from some here in the United States, to you in the United Kingdom......
    "Long Live the Queen"

this on Her Majesty the Queen Diamond Jubilee weekend Celebration.

may we all join in offering our congratulations, and hopes for many more years in Her reign.....

(take her hat off, and bows gallantly.. to Your Queen)

(and hopes she got the protocol right)
    Last edited by littlelodgewrecker; 04-Jun-2012 at 05:05.

That's not what Prince Charles is saying. Imagine, he's waited all this time to be king. I hear it's good to be the king. He may never know...haha. And how many people remember that King George III wore diapers? He had a copper imbalance which caused his urine to turn blue, and of course, there was the whole "madness" thing.

Anyway, long live the queen. May she reign on high. (strike up Handle's "Coronation Anthems")

*wonders if the Brits find this as strange as the Canucks do* (for those who would say "but you have her face on your money" it's easier than trying to come up with a new design )

The US fought wars to become independent of Britain, yet Americans are probably the biggest 'royalty followers' there are.

I for one couldn't care less about the British Royal family. So she's been the queen for 60 years...big whoop-de-doop. The longest verifiable reign of any monarch was Sobhuza II of Swaziland, from 10 December 1899 until 21 August 1982, a total of 82 years, 254 days. However, an Ancient Egyptian monarch by the name of Pepi II Neferkare is reputed to have reigned from 2278 BC to 2184 BC, a total of 94 years. Queen Lizzie has a ways to go to beat them! :P

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    from us here in the Colonies, to you in the UK....
    "Long Live the Queen"
    I don't support any royal family's just because they were lucky/cursed enough to be born into a hierarchy linage. Doubly so for a royal family that doesn't seem to have any real power. Frankly, they have about as much power as a dog at the American kennel dog show.

Also at the time if I was present with a vat of battery acid during the royal wedding. I would of dunked my face into it then watch the wedding especially so I would be blinded to never see those god awful hats. The peoples princess round 2, still nothing more the flesh and blood.

For her majesty:

PS, ignore the guy inject his own views into, whatever the hell he wants to babble on about. I linked it just for the south park episode which was a great episode spoofing a lot of stuff, not just the queen.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 04-Jun-2012 at 04:30.

though it was all over the media, i didn't watch and i didn't know of a street parties happening round our way (but it was windy and raining cats and dogs - in fact, i went out with Harry and it felt like -3C in the wind).
    still got the commemorative spoon and coin from the silver jubilee (everybody at school got them; i wonder how still have them?)
    Attachment 12512

hellooooo......

it's about proffering respect to, and for, the British People and The symbol (The Monarchy), and Head of the Commonwealth.
    it's not about making any judgments. just a poor native americans opinion......

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    hellooooo......

it's about proffering respect to, and for, the British People and The symbol (The Monarchy), and Head of the Commonwealth.
    it's not about making any judgments. just a poor native americans opinion......
    It's not about offering respect when you force your wish into the mouths of everyone else in our country which happens to include me. Nor is it respectful to refer to us as colonials anymore. Speak for yourself not me.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 04-Jun-2012 at 05:12. Reason: fixed month to "mouth"

I don't believe his intent was to offend.

Then again, I'm not of the "unless you are a subject, you cannot speak as a subject" ("unless you are a member of class X, you cannot think or imagine or participate in class X") school of thinking. Such thinking is anathema to freedom and dangerous to reason.

That said, there is something backhanded in this, but not as you might think: if the implication is that Great Britain sees the USA still in the guise of colonies, then you may as well assert that the Britons live in caves or in thatched-roof huts (which I have been asked, seriously, about 25 years ago).

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It's not about offering respect when you force your wish into the months of everyone else in our country which happens to include me. Nor is it respectful to refer to us as colonials anymore. Speak for yourself not me.

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    I don't believe his intent was to offend.

Then again, I'm not of the "unless you are a subject, you cannot speak as a subject" ("unless you are a member of class X, you cannot think or imagine or participate in class X") school of thinking. Such thinking is anathema to freedom and dangerous to reason.

That said, there is something backhanded in this, but not as you might think: if the implication is that Great Britain sees the USA still in the guise of colonies, then you may as well assert that the Britons live in caves or in thatched-roof huts (which I have been asked, seriously, about 25 years ago).
    I don't think he meant offensive by it either. From what I've seen he's always tipped toed on his postings in a effort to not cause offense.

but just like with several of my older posts. It can be deemed offensive by others even if you do not intend it to be. Which is exactly why I didn't resort to giving neg rep, not that I even believe in that but that's a different story. I'm not going to demand for his head on a spike, call him a traitor or anything else of that kind.

My point of view simply came from the queen pretty much doing nothing in terms of ruling, being high-born, and being praised for essentially nothing. As Ayanna pointed out, it could be possible citizens here in the US are more fascinated by the queen then the people in her own lands which still includes Canada if I recall right. That combined with him saying us possibly meaning everyone here in the US wishes her well.

The thing is I don't wish her well, though I don't wish death or disease on her either.

I respect her a great deal, not only for how popular she is with her people, but how she handled the Diana divorce from her son & then the death of her as well!! After the divorce, the "Queen Mum" could've said you are no longer a Princess & your titles you were given are hereby stripped, but she did no such thing, in fact, I think she let all of it stand & still kept good ties with Princess Diana I believe!! Then, when the world was rocked by her sudden death after a car wreck, she allowed a makeshift memorial to occur & even made an appearance there, to show support to what Diana meant to the people she rules over!! Even as her family members have been involved in many scandals, she has maintained herself & done what she could to get her house back in order!!