Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The george zimmerman case

aleksander

Default The george zimmerman case

I want to ask everyone on what they think the fate of george zimmerman should be after he slayed the teenager treyvon martin in florida. I was thinking about this recently after I was reading up on the events and the timeline of the case it progressed from the killing to where it stands now.

Why not? We can all be mature about this (I hope)... Anyway, in my opinion he was defending himself, no charge. Let the man off.

aleksander

i value everyones opinion just so long has its not a extreme one.

This case is such a mess if you really look into it. Yes he had an altercation with trey, and maybe he shot him in self defense, but he was specifically told by the police to stop following him before said altercation took place. It sounds like he was actively seeking trouble, which does make him look Guilty.

This is one of those cases where if you look into it, read the reports and what not, its really hard to come to a good judgement. If the Juries job was to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman is Guilty, I don't think they can.

Locke

Well, I personally think all opinions are going to be very skewed because of the media. They released only certain facts, withheld important details, and generally made everyone who heard about it biased. For example, the original 911 call was edited, nobody mentioned that Trayvon had drugs in his system, and George was badly injured and mildly concussed. In addition, he actually went to court and had to pay 200,000 dollars bail for manslaughter.
    Not to mention, the general media coverage of this ruined his life regardless since nobody will hire him and and he had to move because people were vandalising his home and protesting outside his yard.

the court of public opinion is a very poor place to decide guilt or innocents.

CrinklySiren

I think he should be put in jail, the kid did nothing but look ghetto (which is not a crime) and he was told to stop following the kid BY THE COPS, so personally I think he should pay for his actions. Just because the kid looked like a delinquent is no excuse to kill him.

Locke

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyAmk View Post
    I think he should be put in jail, the kid did nothing but look ghetto (which is not a crime) and he was told to stop following the kid BY THE COPS, so personally I think he should pay for his actions. Just because the kid looked like a delinquent is no excuse to kill him.
    So apparently you don't know all the facts, that is what we have mostly been discussing. Trayvon had drugs, (marijuana to be precise) in his system, he wasn't being followed for 'looking ghetto,' as you put it, he was followed for 'looking high.'
    In addition, George Zimmerman did NOT start the fight. He was injured in the combat, and only fired a weapon after sustaining several minor and major injuries.
    So, your argument doesn't really hold up. I am not saying he is innocent, but the reasons you gave aren't accurate.

Shouldn't we wait after the trial to do a post mortem? The police is (rightfully) not sharing all the evidence with the public. Until the prosecution's case is a matter of public record our judgment is informed guessing at best.

Sent from my iPhone