Thread: Looking for a mid-range diaper to wear around

Default Looking for a mid-range diaper to wear around

I'm looking for a diaper somewhere in the general ballpark of $1 per diaper that has sufficient absorbency and comfort for casual day to day wear.

I looked at the Molicare Premium Soft line in another thread and they seemed like a decent option.

I was just wondering what kind of lighter diaper people around here prefer during the summer when it gets warm and you don't want to waddle around in an M4/Super+/Bambino everywhere.

Mandyloo

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    I'm looking for a diaper somewhere in the general ballpark of $1 per diaper that has sufficient absorbency and comfort for casual day to day wear.

I looked at the Molicare Premium Soft line in another thread and they seemed like a decent option.

I was just wondering what kind of lighter diaper people around here prefer during the summer when it gets warm and you don't want to waddle around in an M4/Super+/Bambino everywhere.
    You're based in the US? If you're in the Uk. Tena Slip super would be best

The cheap go-to brand in the health & mobility shops in the UK seems to be Lil-Fit, which is what I'm using all the time now. They do both plastic backed (Classic) and cloth-backed (Supreme) in 4 absorbencies, the top two (Super and Maxi) both higher absorbency than the top Molicare one, and they're a lot cheaper than either Molicare or Tena.

For a mid-range, $1 per diaper cost effectiveness, the M2 will be perfect for you.

I've been using the Air-Plus M2's during the day recently, and they haven't been too bad, actually.

The biggest problems I've had with the Air-Plus has been with the M4. The M2's I have don't seem to leak through the back sheet at all, and are very comfortable to wear when it gets hot out.

The Comfort Line M2's will be transitioning to the cloth backed version soon. I have not been able to get a hold of them yet, but I think they won't be all that bad, actually.

The M2's are about 1/2 the thickness of an M4, and are virtually invisible under almost any normal clothing. They still have a pretty solid capacity though. (at least double depends maximum protection diapers) You can have them from XP Medical at the rate of 96 diapers for 86 bucks.

The M3 is a bit stronger than the M2. It is still pretty discrete, and the price is still fairly low at 88 diapers for 87 bucks.

Both are very good options if you are looking for something less bulky and cheaper.

I like depends Maximum fitted briefs, they are about $0.75 each from walmart or walgreens for size S/M and about $1 for L. I've never had leaking problems with them

Seems like I'll probably go with the M2's unless anyone chimes in with a better last minute option. However I recently discovered that mail services at my campus have made it nearly impossible for me to pickup my mail there unless I take a break from work and drive up there during my lunch hour. I will need to do that in order to pick up my teddy but I can't help but wonder if I shouldn't just be ordering to my home address.

I'm another one here for the M2. I recently got a sample of them from XPMedical, and was extremely shocked at how much they held, considering how small they were. They're what I'm gonna be purchasing next. Much more cost effective than Dry 24/7s, considering I don't even fill them to capacity. As a bonus, the M2s can also be worn much more discreete than the Dry's.

i am pretty happy with Tranquility slimlines for daytime use - they are discreet, have good absorbency and a decent price. They manage odor pretty well and can take 2 wettings if you don't flood. The only complaint I have is that sometimes the tapes don't hold great.

Check out the Tena Ultra. They are cloth covered, use velcro closure and have a very good absorbancy. They are thin and white (medium).
    It's in your price range.

It's my everyday diaper.