Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abena Abri-Forms Broke

Default Abena Abri-Forms Broke

Alright, so i bought the abena abri-forms (Original X-plus size medium). I had been using them for about 3 hours playing video games and doing homework. nothing physical or strenuous. I hadnt been wetting too much (using it the "proper way" wetting every so often instead of one big flow). at one point I realised that the middle of the seam had opened. Gel had started to come out and im thankful i had realised before a clump of it came out when i was down stairs where things could had been bad.

So now im left wondering, Is this at all normal or was it just a defect diaper?

Peachy

Yeah, I'd say so. That has happened to one of my diapers too at some point in the past - I woke up, intuitively touched my butt to check for any leaks and poked my fingers into a wet spot that didn't feel like smooth plastic but rather like a wet towel. After some investigation, I found out the diaper had ripped apart right in the middle. At least the stuffing hadn't fallen out into my bed.

Peachy

Yeah diaper defect. It has happened to me a few times as well though not too often.

Darkfinn

Definately a manufacturing defect... try a fresh diaper, you'll be fine.

I hate to say this, but my last case of abri forms were not that impressive. it was also my first case. i ended up throwing out 25% of them unused, really. i am going to give it a while before i think about buying them again. most of them had the tapes stuck to the back or bottom of the diaper and wouldn't comeoff without ripping the plastic, i'm sorry, maybe i should keep a roll of duct tape around.

Secret

Yeah it could be a deffect but it could also be like something putting pressure onto the front of the diaper or something else.

Also make ABSOULUTELY sure to wash your hands extremely thouroghley whenever you come into contact with the inside of a diaper! The stuff inside can cause seruis problems like if you rubbed you eyes or something or got it near your eyes!

Darkfinn

Quote Originally Posted by bebe huey View Post
    I hate to say this, but my last case of abri forms were not that impressive. it was also my first case. i ended up throwing out 25% of them unused, really. i am going to give it a while before i think about buying them again. most of them had the tapes stuck to the back or bottom of the diaper and wouldn't comeoff without ripping the plastic, i'm sorry, maybe i should keep a roll of duct tape around.
    You may have just gotten a bad case... it does happen occasionally. Typically if you contact the reseller you purchased them from and explain the situation they will be happy to process some kind of credit or return refund for you... those guys deal with it all the time. I've had a few bad cases before... the last batch of Tenas I ordered comes to mind... the velcro tabs came off of like half of the diapers before you could even put them on... I had to toss most of them out. I did send pictures and a claim to the reseller... they gave me a credit in their system on my next order.

Probably a defect, BUT if you used baby oil or something similar before putting it on, that could have caused it. I've had an X-Plus fall apart completely at the seams because I had put baby oil on before putting the diaper on. The oil made the inner fabric completely separate from the outside cover--wings and leg bands especially. What a mess.