Thread: Adult crib help diy

Default Adult crib help diy

I have an idea how wants to do crib with drop rail but can't figure out what would be best to do like should use sliding track system or something.

I was hoping someone on here had woodworking experience or just general ideas how you would do AB crib rail.

Drop rail would work decently if the rail was low. IE: Less than 2 or 3 feet. Perhaps sliding in a direction would work, but then you'd need a sturdy track, or else it would bend from the weight of the wood.

Maybe a hinge system on the top? Sort of like the back of a shopping cart, climb in, latch it shut and it acts like a normal side, but when you get out, just unlatch, and climb out.

Only reason I have any idea about this is I've considered such a thing many times.

Well rail going to be about 68H inches so need make sure it's going to be safe to get in out basically what I am doing is build like bunk bed frame and add a tall foot board and backboard. Then have rail on both sides one stays still and the other drops. But problem having how could make side drop down like so many AB cribs do.

Quote Originally Posted by Poohbearboy View Post
    Well rail going to be about 68H inches so need make sure it's going to be safe to get in out basically what I am doing is build like bunk bed frame and add a tall foot board and backboard. Then have rail on both sides one stays still and the other drops. But problem having how could make side drop down like so many AB cribs do.
    Did you ever start on it? Also I have a few ideas for the sliding part for the rails.

No not yet but will be soon still working things out how want side to drop and if I can not do it myself I'm already looking to pay custom furniture woodworker to make it in my area. However I need to make sure it not going to cost me a lot for this person to do it for me if so have do it myself.