Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else ever get kinda depressed?

Default Anyone else ever get kinda depressed?

Hey, just wanted to know if people get depressed easily?

Recently the weathers been great where i live. Woke up this morning and it's horrible outside. Just the whole atmosphere is putting me down and i hate it!

Life in general seems to be at a stand still, I'm between stages of progression at work and have a few months till i can go higher up the chain, my friends are kinda split up at the moment and not talking all that much either..

I just feel so strange, in the next 10 years i see myself with a wife, kids and a nice house etc, but for some reason it feels like a fantasy rather than something that will actually happen!

It's hard to explain, but in this AB/DL World i find guys to be cuter but outside of it i feel totally straight? Sometimes would look at boys younger than me and think "aww how cute" Just as if it was from a "Older brother" point of view, or as a dad. I just can't get it out of my head, thinking this makes me gay or what ever even though i know exactly what i want in life.

Just everything around me feels crap right now, just can't get out of this mind set! Figured I'd make this post as a slight release or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Recently the weathers been great where i live. Woke up this morning and it's horrible outside. Just the whole atmosphere is putting me down and i hate it!

Life in general seems to be at a stand still, I'm between stages of progression at work and have a few months till i can go higher up the chain, my friends are kinda split up at the moment and not talking all that much either..

I just feel so strange, in the next 10 years i see myself with a wife, kids and a nice house etc, but for some reason it feels like a fantasy rather than something that will actually happen!

It's hard to explain, but in this AB/DL World i find guys to be cuter but outside of it i feel totally straight? Sometimes would look at boys younger than me and think "aww how cute" Just as if it was from a "Older brother" point of view, or as a dad. I just can't get it out of my head, thinking this makes me gay or what ever even though i know exactly what i want in life.

Just everything around me feels crap right now, just can't get out of this mind set! Figured I'd make this post as a slight release or something...
    I feel for you, mate. I've only just got through a bit of a depressive stage myself, and it was another combination of factors: who I was, how other people saw me, my friends, relationships, school, exams, and regret. I got through it by keeping a diary of when I felt depressed, and going to my GP to see if they could do something about it.
    If it continues/has been for a while, talk to someone. I know how you feel, but don't give up.

I don't get depressed easily at all however right now I am pretty intensely depressed. It's no mystery that it stems from not being able to get a job. I spent 4 years in college, went to a good school, got a degree (English Lit.) and did a few internships so I would have "experience". Still, every job I apply for either dose not get back to me or says that my writing was excellent however they picked someone with more experience. Anyone that has ever looked for a job knows the catch 22 of "needing experience to get a job but needing a job to get experience". I'm pretty mad at the world right now. I can't believe that I am a college graduate and practically live in my car. The worst part of it all is not knowing when (if) it is going to end. I have done my absolute best but in the end my fate lies in the hands of employers who don't know or care about me. Seems hopeless.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBunny View Post
    I don't get depressed easily at all however right now I am pretty intensely depressed. It's no mystery that it stems from not being able to get a job. I spent 4 years in college, went to a good school, got a degree (English Lit.) and did a few internships so I would have "experience". Still, every job I apply for either dose not get back to me or says that my writing was excellent however they picked someone with more experience. Anyone that has ever looked for a job knows the catch 22 of "needing experience to get a job but needing a job to get experience". I'm pretty mad at the world right now. I can't believe that I am a college graduate and practically live in my car. The worst part of it all is not knowing when (if) it is going to end. I have done my absolute best but in the end my fate lies in the hands of employers who don't know or care about me. Seems hopeless.

Wow that does seem horrible man, these bad times started like 4 years ago now right? Bet you thought it was wise staying in college whilst the recession was still going on. I got lucky and done an apprenticeship so gained the qualifications and experience at the same time. Just stay positive and work hard every day to find work, not much else you can do in such hard times :\

Wow that does seem horrible man, these bad times started like 4 years ago now right? Bet you thought it was wise staying in college whilst the recession was still going on. I got lucky and done an apprenticeship so gained the qualifications and experience at the same time. Just stay positive and work hard every day to find work, not much else you can do in such hard times :\
    You sure did get lucky. Apprenticeships are not very common here which is unfortunate because like you said, you get training, proper qualifications and on the track for a career all in one. I could rant on and on about how the college system is outdated and does not cater to what the economy demands in this, the age of technology but I'll save that for another thread. The worst part about applying for jobs is getting called for an interview, doing well and getting called back for a second interview, doing a background check and being SOOO close only to get passed up for someone who is not as capable as me but happens to have slightly more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBunny View Post
    You sure did get lucky. Apprenticeships are not very common here which is unfortunate because like you said, you get training, proper qualifications and on the track for a career all in one. I could rant on and on about how the college system is outdated and does not cater to what the economy demands in this, the age of technology but I'll save that for another thread. The worst part about applying for jobs is getting called for an interview, doing well and getting called back for a second interview, doing a background check and being SOOO close only to get passed up for someone who is not as capable as me but happens to have slightly more experience.

Too right, i saw a page on facebook saying "I had to pretend i was Polish to get a job" So true, i see way too often when companies hire foreign people just because they have to! Even if someone from the country is more than capable of the job, due to human rights or what ever they have to hire a certain amount of people from different places... meaning the quality will slack just to meet these targets!!!!!

Mandyloo

I'm hardly depressed despite life's setbacks.

CrinklySiren

too often. Cant say Im feeling too well right now. Having irrational thoughts about everyone hating me and no one understanding me... and I feel like not even talking to anyone in fear that they will judge me or just misunderstand or the fact that I might just hate them. Idk, the last few days have made me grow really distant from life and people, as both have presented to be a great annoyance... feel like i cant talk to anyone because I feel like there is not ONE person that will side with me or will even give me the time of day... I just feel like saying "fuck everyone" lately. even now i feel like apologizing for cursing simply because im so tired of people overreacting towards me the last week... Im thinking of deleting my FB and deleting every other account that links me to people... but im caught between whether I should or shouldn't... then I start to think of whether life is even worth living when people are just mean and the majority rules under that category of being DICKS. Although there are nice people and I know this, society will always just wanna eat me up and spit me out so why suffer and not just end it now??... Depression sucks. Sorry if this post seems unnecessary... i just felt like expressing my whats on my mind on this relative post...

Everyone has different and unique reasons for their depression. Tommy, yours sounds like you are simply going through the stages of life. When I was your age or a bit younger, younger males looked beautiful, and I desperately wanted to be that young again. That fact that that part of my life was over was extremely depressing. By the time I was in college, I anesthetized those feelings with alcohol, drugs and self destructive behavior. Having the pressure of grades, career and relationships made it all the more difficult. My parents did help, and then of course there was wanting to be in diapers. What could be more weird!

After four years of college and a stint with a psychiatrist at a residential mental facility, I simply moved on. I think that's the greatest part of maturing and becoming older. Eventually, one gets tired of going in circles. If it's hard to find a good, job, find a poor paying bad job. It will keep you busy, and it gets your foot in the door. Become involved in activities which you enjoy. I always wanted to race cars, so I built a car for the track. I made a lot of different friends by racing. I eventually met my wife and started my family.

It's okay to be depressed, but don't allow yourself to stay there for too long of a period of time. Move on to something else, do something else, find someone to hang with. Even at my age I stay active with my church and choirs, I teach, I bike, write, read, and simply try to enjoy the simpler things of life. You have to make yourself get up and do something.

Too right, i saw a page on facebook saying "I had to pretend i was Polish to get a job" So true, i see way too often when companies hire foreign people just because they have to! Even if someone from the country is more than capable of the job, due to human rights or what ever they have to hire a certain amount of people from different places... meaning the quality will slack just to meet these targets!!!!!
    Very true. Companies get incentives and even increased government funding if they meet their "minority quota". Here in the states that typically means hispanic these days. When applying to jobs I always check the box that says "two or more races" since I am technically part Chinese. I'm getting kinda desperate though-maybe I'll start telling people I'm hispanic. Lol!