Thread: problems with bambino teddies

aleksander

Default problems with bambino teddies

I recently bought a case of bambino teddies and until recently I have never before had a problem with a bambino product. This time around when I received the case I encountered one diaper after another with tapes the were broken right out of the bag. Tapes that were stuck to the back of the diaper and it ruined them Or tapes that were so unsticky the even with duck tape over them they were useless. I had 33 out of 48 diapers with this problem which is a extremly high rate of defectivness.

To add insult to injury bambino tried to give me a very low amount of compensation for the problem almost making me turn away from bambino all together. I posted this thread to see if any bambino wearers have encountered these following problems or something similar to them. Has well has figure out if my problem was a fluke or if this is a more widespread issue.

I've had issues with them in the past. I had one pack where all the diapers had a missing tape and other instances that the rear of the diaper split open. However, when I contacted them they were good. They said I could mail back what's unused and they'd send out another pack or keep what I have and get a discount on my next purchase. Don't remember the exact percentage, but it was one that satisfied. Customer service aside, just remember that when anything is mass produced, there will almost always be a defected batch.

I've ordered quite a few cases over the last few years. There was a brief time where their machine was occasionally not including one specific tape. Another time I got a case with several diapers with pinholes or approaching them due to large grains of sap inside right on the shell. I've had bambinos split up the middle in the back on numerous occasions, but this is caused by taping too tight. Taping too tight will also cause the tape roots to eventually pull away from the back of the shell if you wear long enough. Bambinos should NOT be overtight or they will have problems. That is not a batch defect, they've always been that way.

I've never had a problem with communication or customer service. I did once receive a case of the wrong diaper, (teddy when I ordered bellissimo) but they were quick to send me a coupon code for the price difference plus a little more. They also offered to let me return bags from the case of sap pinhole diapers but I just was careful with them instead.

If you use more than a couple and have this issue, contact the company.

Try and see this from their point of view. You used an entire case when 3/4 of them weren't made properly, and you're just informing them now that you've used them all? That's like eating at a restaurant and after licking your plate clean saying "yeah, the food was cold, I want it fixed". If you don't tell them right away, you seem like you just want free handouts. I've always heard that Bambino has good customer service, and your issue was probably more because you didn't deal with this early, so they were unable to verify that the batch ACTUALLY had an issue.

How much compensation do you expect when you've actually used the product? It makes sense that if you TRULY had an issue with it, you would have requested a refund right away.

Put yourself in their shoes for a second. You get a call from a guy that's saying that you sent him an item with a severe defect. You say "I'm sorry, sir. If you could just return the package so we can verify the issue, then we can offer you a full refund". They tell you "well I already used the whole batch, I just want compensation!". Are you going to believe that there was a defect, or does it seem more likely that they are just cheap and want you to give them back their money even though they used your product?

Keep this in mind if you order from other places and have an issue. A lot of places will just say tough luck if you don't inform them of any defects until after you're done with the product.

I just bought some bambinos, I really hope mine don't have this problem.

I had problems with the tapes being defective. I had an even bigger problem with the lousy customer service. I don't buy bambinos anymore, too many better products from better companies.

I use the all white diaper of theirs and haven't had any problems in a long long time. I found their customer service was great....very helpful.

aleksander

@zephy: the contact page was unreachable for several days i attempted to patch the problem with duct tape but that failed though i saved several of the diapers with the faulty tpes to use has evidence and sent them back to the company but they never menitioned anything about it in the email. so i did think it through to an exent. but its extremly diffcult to get ahold of a company that you have no way of contacting so a report on the issue was not possible until all the diapers were gone.

And to counter what you said in your post no free diapers was not an issue for me infact I did not expect a refund of the case i wanted them to check the machine to see if there was problem with it. And like I stated this is the first time this has happened to me.

Quote Originally Posted by aleksander View Post
    @zephy: the contact page was unreachable for several days i attempted to patch the problem with duct tape but that failed though i saved several of the diapers with the faulty tpes to use has evidence and sent them back to the company but they never menitioned anything about it in the email. so i did think it through to an exent. but its extremly diffcult to get ahold of a company that you have no way of contacting so a report on the issue was not possible until all the diapers were gone.

And to counter what you said in your post no free diapers was not an issue for me infact I did not expect a refund of the case i wanted them to check the machine to see if there was problem with it. And like I stated this is the first time this has happened to me.
    Checking the machines wouldn't work. The diapers are made in China and shipped here. The problem DEFINITELY would have been fixed by the time you reported it, if it was something faulty with the machine.

You seem to have a computer, why not just e-mail them through their site?

I'm not saying that you're wrong, or that it was handled properly, just trying to show the other side of things. They might have been complete douches for all I know, but I usually hear positive stories about their customer service.

aleksander

sorry for that i have extreme difficulties disconerning emotions over the internet. Until recently i have never had problems with there costumer service