Thread: Off to the doctors

Default Off to the doctors

So I'm off the the doctor for a general all over check up and flu shot tomorrow, problem is, since I broke my coccyx a few years ago he always pokes my spine and top of my bottom.

Currently have nappy rash have tried treating it, but my skin stays spotty for like a week after I develop it. Can I just say its allergies? Allergic to pajamas ?

Not sure what you could say except for what it is which maybe a little uncomfotable, but did you try lavender oil (pure essential stuff) to get rid of the rash? I found it worked amazingly though some people have said don't use it neat.

Good luck with the docs and hope the needle doesn't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by beeeblebum View Post
    Currently have nappy rash have tried treating it, but my skin stays spotty for like a week after I develop it. Can I just say its allergies? Allergic to pajamas ?
    If the doctor asks, I'd just say it comes and goes and doesn't bother you. They'll tell _you_ it's allergies. You won't need to explain.

pamperchu

Just tell him what it is if he asks. Theres no reason you should lie to a doctor.

Thanks adasterix I think I'll
    Just play silly! As much as its better to be honest as its self inflicted rash I don't want to go there. Not something he needs to know.
    Will give the lavender oil a go though!

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    Just tell him what it is if he asks. Theres no reason you should lie to a doctor.
    There is an old saying, "There are two people in the world you should never lie to: your doctor, and your lawyer." One protects your health, and the other your freedom. And really, those are two of the most important things for an individual.

I'd be worried if it was me, because Dad is usually there. But if it's just you and your doctor, tell him.

At 17 I think I would have to tell Dad I was old enough to be in the exam room alone.