Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bambino diapers not doing so well?

Default Bambino diapers not doing so well?

Well I am just curious as to how everyone thinks the company is doing now. I am not worried about them going out of business or anything cause they listen to their customers and change their products to their liking. I just noticed that it is the beginning of summer and they have a lot of stuff in stock. I remember last year when i was gonna buy from them around this time they had nothing in stock. I do not know if no one has bought from them or if they just got so much in stock to help prepare for the summer.

i really hope they dont go out of business. i really enjoy being in bambinos.

That would really suck for me because I do plan to buy from them again once I get 40 bucks in reserve again.

I love there Teddys too...

I would be more willing to bet that they were getting everything switched over to new machinery and working on bringing up new product lines last summer that led to their lack of inventory. With that said, no company wants to have to turn away customers because they are unable to meet demand. As such, I would be much more likely to bet that they have learned from the troubles they had last year and are manufacturing and stocking quantities that are slightly above what expected sales are so that they can avoid the issues they had last summer.

Any good business would know that having more is better than having less. Look at McDonalds they have thousands of fast food places selling billions in product around the world, do you think they would be as successful if they settled for a few hundred and a fraction of the product they sell? Bambinodiapers should be the same way. They would be trying to increase their stock to increase sales, it takes a little while for demand to go up to meet the rise in stock but when it does you should be seeing more not in stock signs. Until then though I prefer them having things in stock so that I can increase my stock of my favorite diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by DDayDL View Post
    Any good business would know that having more is better than having less. Look at McDonalds they have thousands of fast food places selling billions in product around the world, do you think they would be as successful if they settled for a few hundred and a fraction of the product they sell? Bambinodiapers should be the same way. They would be trying to increase their stock to increase sales, it takes a little while for demand to go up to meet the rise in stock but when it does you should be seeing more not in stock signs. Until then though I prefer them having things in stock so that I can increase my stock of my favorite diapers!
    that would be all well and good, except that bambino doesn't have NEARLY as large of a customer base as that. they keep enough on hand to meet *most* of the needs, but there simply isn't enough demand (not enough ab's) to justify such a large stockpile.

Quote Originally Posted by DDayDL View Post
    Actually, sorry to bust your bubble, but that's NOT how to run a good business. I'm sure they're slightly overstocked, but only slightly--and that's only to cover themselves in the event that something goes wrong, like it did last year. If your money is tied up in inventory, then how will you afford to pay your overhead?

Furthermore, it's never a good idea for a manufacturer to handle too many SKUs, otherwise things get messy, quick. (no pun intended) There's a reason why apple only produces a handful of models of each product. So, yes, while I'd love to see a bambino all-over print, I'll take a quality diaper first.

It's just small things like that you need to keep in mind. Running a business isn't as simple as having supply to meet the demand.

Without knowing a lot of the inner details, being out of stock means one of four things really.

1) mismanagement
    2) they can't afford to purchase inventory or materials, due to low cash flow or credit problems with their suppliers
    3) their suppliers (of merchandise or materials) are out of stock
    4) they're selling faster than they can manufacture

So it's difficult to interpret what being out of stock means without additional information. Bambino has ran out of stock numerous time since I started buying from them, but I don't know the reasons. Unfortunately it's difficult to know you're getting an honest answer to this question because merchants don't want to admit to it if it's 1 or 2 so they'll blame 3 (usually) or 4. Then you only find out the real answer if they suddenly close their doors and you read somewhere that they'd been financially troubled for some time.

So as much as I'd like to hear why they keep running out of stock, I can't really trust any reasons I hear.

The place where I work is frequently out of stock due to #1.

Cushiebabe

I used to buy from Walgreens, Depends type products, then I found Bambino Diapers and was temporarily but then I found AB Universe and Cushies and Super Dry Kids and I have been ordering from AB Universe ever since I found 'em. I don't hate Bambino but for style and scent, I have to go with AB Universe hands down Being a DL is fun with AB Universe at my fingertips...I just order them online and they ship discretely right to home...I love 'em!

As for Bambino hurting for business, it doesn't surprise me, there is some stiff competition out there..plus Bambino doesn't do Pampers replicas like AB Universe...they just have babyish prints on their two tape thick as hell diapers...don't get me wrong..I still have a closet full of Bambino diapers but I never lack wearing them until I run out of AB Universe nappies...oh well I've said too much...good luck and all...

Quote Originally Posted by bambinod View Post
    Without knowing a lot of the inner details, being out of stock means one of four things really.

1) mismanagement
    2) they can't afford to purchase inventory or materials, due to low cash flow or credit problems with their suppliers
    3) their suppliers (of merchandise or materials) are out of stock
    4) they're selling faster than they can manufacture

So it's difficult to interpret what being out of stock means without additional information. Bambino has ran out of stock numerous time since I started buying from them, but I don't know the reasons. Unfortunately it's difficult to know you're getting an honest answer to this question because merchants don't want to admit to it if it's 1 or 2 so they'll blame 3 (usually) or 4. Then you only find out the real answer if they suddenly close their doors and you read somewhere that they'd been financially troubled for some time.

So as much as I'd like to hear why they keep running out of stock, I can't really trust any reasons I hear.

The place where I work is frequently out of stock due to #1.
    Given that the company manufacturing Bambino diapers also manufactures the Secure Personal Care Products line, the questions regarding #1, #2, or #3 above can be estimated based on how well they keep the standard line of products stocked. Given that I have not heard of any of the Secure X-plus diaper line being out of stock anywhere, items #2 and #3 can be discounted.

Looking at what Bambino has done with their product line over the last few years, I would be willing to bet that they are trying to do development of new products to meet demand and improve manufacturing throughput. Moving manufacturing from existing machinery to new machinery does not make sense if you are losing money on the product line and sales are flat or dropping. After all, you get the depreciation and benefits of having this machinery paid for!

Bringing up new product lines is always difficult to do as you try and work every kink out of the new process as you ramp up. As manufacturing progresses, what had been a 'new' problem becomes one that you've seen before and the fix is known.

In all honesty, item #4 can also be attributed back to #1. It can also be due to stronger demand than forecasts from the sales department. I do not think that Bambino is doing badly--since they are an offshoot of the Secure line, they would have not been able to risk the capital needed to bring up new product offerings if they were spiraling down the tapered log express.