Thread: This lead singer is very pretty, despite being a Boy.

Default This lead singer is very pretty, despite being a Boy.

Yohio Japanese Rock Star of Seremedy, Dresses Like Real-Life Doll (Photo, Video) | Batangas Today | Breaking News, World News And More News

I just read about this group in the news. I've not listened to their music yet, but the singer sure looks pretty in his frilly outfits. Any one hear any of their tunes ?
    Last edited by fifigal; 02-Jun-2012 at 22:54.

Wow, anything to set you apart in the music industry these days I suppose. I would have never known that it was a guy, at least until the singing. haha

Yeah I seen this story about a week ago and thought it was pretty cool, and I agree he is very pretty!! I've checked out some of their music people have posted on Youtube, it's not that bad I kinda like it

Quote Originally Posted by freddy View Post
    Wow, anything to set you apart in the music industry these days I suppose. I would have never known that it was a guy, at least until the singing. haha
    It doesn't really set you apart in Japan, to be honest. Visual kei isn't rare in the Japanese metal scene. See, for example, Versailles.

The girl in that video? Its not a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Near
    It doesn't really set you apart in Japan, to be honest. Visual kei isn't rare in the Japanese metal scene. See, for example, Versailles.
    Yeah pretty much, and it's Japan's much more extreme take on the Glam movement back in the 80's. Unfortunately they also took some of Glam's hubris for style rather than an impressive sound. Can't tell ya how tired I am finding Dir En Grey clones. Suffice to say I didn't enjoy this guy's music...either. I'd prefer X-Japan or Gargoyle's tunes from the Visual Kei scene personally.

Also a lot of the male Visual Kei artists describe themselves as "Bishonen" or beautiful boys in that subculture. Do pretty boys fall under the Sissy "umbrella"? I'll have to read up more on the two sub cultures...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Yeah pretty much, and it's Japan's much more extreme take on the Glam movement back in the 80's. Unfortunately they also took some of Glam's hubris for style rather than an impressive sound. Can't tell ya how tired I am finding Dir En Grey clones. Suffice to say I didn't enjoy this guy's music...either. I'd prefer X-Japan or Gargoyle's tunes from the Visual Kei scene personally.

Also a lot of the male Visual Kei artists describe themselves as "Bishonen" or beautiful boys in that subculture. Do pretty boys fall under the Sissy "umbrella"? I'll have to read up more on the two sub cultures...
    I was considering linking X Japan, but since sometime in the 90s their visual style became quite tame. Even before hide's death the most extravagant thing about them was hide's pink hair. I mean, this stuff is pretty tame for a Japanese rock-band. Versailles and their doll-looking guitarist was a better example

(That and I quite like Versailles personally, not as much as X Japan but close)

Wow. I actually would have thought he was a girl(save for the deeper voice.) Really good music too!