Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you beleave that animals other then humans have fetishes?

Question Do you beleave that animals other then humans have fetishes?

Yes,humans are technically considered animals because we are in the animal kingdom...

On topic: I been thinking about this for sooo longo you think that animals have fetishes,not just ¨it acts that way because its in its nature¨ or ¨he really likes chewing on my shoe¨ eather....

We have fetishes[Did you know,I can see your fetish from here?huh,huh,huh]...so do animals lower then us also as well?

I wonder...

[Sorry if this is in the wrong section]

Define what you mean by "fetish."

Quote Originally Posted by MegaChar View Post
    Yes,humans are technically considered animals because we are in the animal kingdom...

On topic: I been thinking about this for sooo longo you think that animals have fetishes,not just ¨it acts that way because its in its nature¨ or ¨he really likes chewing on my shoe¨ eather....

We have fetishes[Did you know,I can see your fetish from here?huh,huh,huh]...so do animals lower then us also as well?

I wonder...

[Sorry if this is in the wrong section]

I would find such a prospect highly unlikely, but not unheard of. However, if such a case were to occur, I would surmise that the most likely [animal] candidates to develop any kind of sexual fetish towards specific objects would be domesticated animals. My reasoning for such is that it is actually quite common for domesticated animals (especially house pets) to lead lives in near quasi solitude in relation to animals of the same species. If they aren't spayed/neutered (and there are those that aren't), they would inevitably develop some need to "relieve sexual tension" so to speak.

Also, it would be good to make the distinction between fetish and kink.

They're mostly used incorrectly but the definitions (or the way I remember them) are:
    kink=turns you on
    fetish= you can't get off without it

I think some animals probably have kinks, not sure about fetishes though.

I think H3g3l has a valid point in wanting fetish defined in that a fetish is something linked to human psychological functioning. I'm not sure you can apply it to an animal, even if an animal may use a physical object to focus some sort of sexual expression through that object, thus using the object as a gateway to something specific in their sexual mapping. One could draw a correlation, but in my opinion, that's all it would be, a correlation in as much as one would say the animal behavior mimics human behavior.

One could draw similarities in animal behavior to human behavior in other areas, such as survival, eating, reproducing, etc. But a fetish is a behavior anchored to human psychological behavior, one which is abhorrent to that which is considered normal sexual human functions. I think, (my opinion) is that anything else is fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Entity View Post
    I would find such a prospect highly unlikely, but not unheard of. However, if such a case were to occur, I would surmise that the most likely [animal] candidates to develop any kind of sexual fetish towards specific objects would be domesticated animals. My reasoning for such is that it is actually quite common for domesticated animals (especially house pets) to lead lives in near quasi solitude in relation to animals of the same species. If they aren't spayed/neutered (and there are those that aren't), they would inevitably develop some need to "relieve sexual tension" so to speak.
    Wow,this is so interesting...

I been thinking about my fetish for quite some time and just wanted to see what people thought about animals having fetishes and types of fetishes that animals could possably have...

This info you gave me is great!

in other words, a fetish is a judgment made by humans with hangups....... Hummmm...... sort of like..... oh i don't know, maybe .... sin?

A couple of years ago I asked my biology teacher the same question. She said yes and used the example of a dog humping a pillow. I believe the pillow would be more like a flesh light than a fetish object though.

They have dog fleshlights sex-toys.

Quote Originally Posted by huskvarna View Post
    A couple of years ago I asked my biology teacher the same question. She said yes and used the example of a dog humping a pillow. I believe the pillow would be more like a flesh light than a fetish object though.

Well, male Bottle-nose Dolphins sexually harass other dolphin species. If you can consider that a fetish... :/
    I just don't really imagine bears getting dresses up in black leather apparel....