Thread: Buying diapers in greece

Default Buying diapers in greece

I'm going to Greece soon (most of the major cities and islands, it is a month long tour) and was wondering if anyone could give advice about buying diapers in Greece. I don't plan on wearing while I am there, but getting my hands on some foreign brands of diapers or training pants would be great if it is possible. I know Libero is avaliable in greece and I would love to try their night comforts or size 7 or 8 diapers and pull ups. I have not got a clue where to find that kind of thing, I think the greeks mostly shop in small stores which wont always carry that wide of a selection of diapers. Could anyone give advice about finding interesting foreign diapers while I am traveling?

'tendercare' are manufactured in Cyprus by Linette so, they be should be available in Greece.
    ::: Welcome to Linette :::

other than that, the major players (Tena, Attends, etc) should all be represented, if you can find the right outlet.

I live in greece so i kind of know what they got and unless you want tena or underjams thats it realy not much else no drynites or anything foods awesome though! :p where you going in greece main land or island??

Quote Originally Posted by Soul93 View Post
    I live in greece so i kind of know what they got and unless you want tena or underjams thats it realy not much else no drynites or anything foods awesome though! :p where you going in greece main land or island??
    Edit: oh and the best shops are A/B (Alfa-Beta) and SPAR they are the bigest in greece as supermarkets go :p

Quote Originally Posted by Soul93 View Post
    Edit: oh and the best shops are A/B (Alfa-Beta) and SPAR they are the bigest in greece as supermarkets go :p
    That is super helpful. Can you give me the addresses of those of those stores? I am staying near the acropolis while in athens, then going to a few other cities in attica and a few in the messenian region, then crete, naxos, santorini, and a few other places I don't know. I figuered my best chances of finding libero night comforts or size 7 and 8 diapers, but do you think it would be possible in other areas? I think I will be mostly in tourist locations.

Most stores in Greece are boutique style so you will either by them from a bathroom store or from a supermarket. There are enough of them around that you will not have problems finding one. Just ask at your hotel where the nearest pharmacy or supermarket is.

Do you speak Greek? Shouldn't be an issue in Athens. You should probably buy them there before heading to the islands. They will have them there too, but you will have a much easier time I feel in a major city where there are a lot of stores.

As a Greek American I hope you enjoy your stay

We went to Kos last year and the local supermarket stocked loads of adult diapers. I don't know what the quality was like, but there was a whole area about the same size as the childrens diaper section

Quote Originally Posted by irataliw View Post
    Most stores in Greece are boutique style so you will either by them from a bathroom store or from a supermarket. There are enough of them around that you will not have problems finding one. Just ask at your hotel where the nearest pharmacy or supermarket is.

Do you speak Greek? Shouldn't be an issue in Athens. You should probably buy them there before heading to the islands. They will have them there too, but you will have a much easier time I feel in a major city where there are a lot of stores.

As a Greek American I hope you enjoy your stay
    What do you mean by a bathroom store? All the pharmacies I saw only have makeup and drugs, one had a few tena products and pampers size 3 and 5, but their selection was limited. Grocery stores have been my best options, but none have libero night comforts.

I have seen lots of adult diapers for pretty cheap and they feel very soft, but I am mostly interested in childrens products such as Libero Night comfort. I found size 7 diapers and bought a pack (still not sure where to put it till I get home. I searched every store I could find and some of them had pretty good sized diaper sections but no where did I find a single equivilant of goodnites. Do they sell Libero Night comforts any where in Greece? Any tips on where to find them in stores? Thanks for the help.

I wish I could. Given I don't fit in those I never really looked for them. As an american I wanted the Tena Slip Maxi as it is pretty much one of the best diapers around. Short of the supermarkets I am not sure.

Bathroom Boutiques were stores that sold things specifically for laundry and bathroom supplies. I would always see adult diapers in the windows of those sort of stores. Truth be told I only bought mine in the grocery supermarkets. Happy hunting though

Thanks for the help. If I see any stores with diapers in the window I will be sure to go in, but I might get lucky at one of the pharmacies or grocery stores. I did see some big Alpha Beta stores from the bus window when we mad a day trip to nearby areas, but I didn't have the ability to stop the bus or delay my group to check out a grocery store for diapers. It is bad enough that I am carying around a pack of libero 7 which is taking up most of my free space in my bag. I still have a bunch more places to try and there are the islands, but at least I found the size 7.