Thread: Lucario Outfit

Question Lucario Outfit

I wanted to know if anyone can make a Lucario outfit similar to this or knows someone who can. Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lucario_front.jpg 
Views:	2267 
Size:	21.5 KB 
ID:	12400

That looks very like a blue hoodie with felt sewn on! I'm betting you would be able to do it ourself with a bit of patience!

>w< I have no idea how, but I just needed to say that that outfit is adorable~

Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    That looks very like a blue hoodie with felt sewn on! I'm betting you would be able to do it ourself with a bit of patience!
    The only problem with that is that I've never sewn anything in my life. >.<

Actually I can provide you with some ideas on going about creating said costume in the picture. I've created cat paws, tails, ears, and other furry type cosplays before with just a couple items. Takes a little patience, but crafting something yourself and wearing it with pride around a convention doesn't compare!

Start with a "Shell"

This is good practice for newbies. I made my cat paws out of an old pair of winter gloves rather than fabricating the entire thing from scratch. Buy a cheap blue hoodie that's thin or a light weigh blue coat with a zipper. There's hundreds of them to buy off the net, especially Amazon so you can choose the right shell of the costume you want.

Buy a bunch of Felt!

Go to your local craft store or even Wal-Mart and buy large sheets of felt of the corresponding colors of Lucario. Use a cheap crayola marker to trace the pattern in the felt and cut it out with scissors. Use multiple layers of felt to add more thickness and so it isn't see through since felt is very thin. After you've got the basic patterns for the lower half of the costume, use that hot glue gun! Hot glue is the easiest ways and secures fast. Make sure to do a zig zag pattern and along the corners of the felt to be attached so it stays in place.

Molding Ears and the Claws

I actually don't like the pics flat use of the felt fabric. Create a pattern for the ears by drawing large painted ovals. When ya get a good first one you like, use that to trace the other so you get matching ears. Glue 2 pieces of the ear pattern felt together along the corners but leave one small opening so you get a "open sandwich like bag." Buy a couple bags of cotton balls and stuff it! After that "seal" the opening with hot glue. You can attach the ears with hot glue, staples, or a simple stitch. Sewing is pretty easy after a little practice. You can do the same sort of thing with the claws!

It actually isn't too hard too construct this type of costume with a felt and shell pattern, should take about a weeks work!

Alright, I think I might take a shot at making this myself! I think I'm going to base it off of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl model. I just have one issue at the moment. I can't tell what color his chest fur is. >.<

Name:	hidden06.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	12417

Quote Originally Posted by InuLucario View Post
    Alright, I think I might take a shot at making this myself! I think I'm going to base it off of the Super Smash Bros. Brawl model. I just have one issue at the moment. I can't tell what color his chest fur is. >.<

Name:	hidden06.jpg 
Views:	830 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	12417
    In all honesty just go with yellow. They don't make felt in that dull pale/ebony yellow in the smash bros. rendition.

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    In all honesty just go with yellow. They don't make felt in that dull pale/ebony yellow in the smash bros. rendition.
    I was actually thinking of using fur for that part. =/

Quote Originally Posted by InuLucario View Post
    I was actually thinking of using fur for that part. =/
    Ah, well I do know they make an ebony pale yellow faux fur you can get off the net.

Happy making!

Quote Originally Posted by Geno View Post
    Ah, well I do know they make an ebony pale yellow faux fur you can get off the net.

Happy making!
    Man you're helpful! Can I make you my crafting consultant? XD

Actually, I can't seem to find that color fur either...
    Last edited by Trevor; 29-May-2012 at 03:35. Reason: merging posts.