Thread: Accidentally wet the bed. Help?

Exclamation Accidentally wet the bed. Help?

Ok, so, I was padded and layin in bed and I accidentally leaked really badly out of the front of my diaper and didn't realize it until I got up. So I toweled up as much as I could, sprayed some Lysol on it, and then put down some of that cat litter anti-odor baking soda stuff to try and soak up the liquid.

Is there anything else to get more out of the mattress & get rid of any potential smell?

I have a regular mattress with a memory foam pad on top, both got wet.

I also drank a lot of water so my pee was mostly water.

Any help at all would be appreciated!!!

If you're still concerned you could try putting some carpet or foaming fabric cleaner on it and blotting it with a towel. I did that when I spilled a whole bowl of tomato soup on my mattress and it worked great. I think I used resolve foaming carpet cleaner. If all else fails you could just flip the mattress and the pad over. Lol. The febreeze for fabrics is also a great product for deodorizing fabrics.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBunny View Post
    If you're still concerned you could try putting some carpet or foaming fabric cleaner on it and blotting it with a towel. I did that when I spilled a whole bowl of tomato soup on my mattress and it worked great. I think I used resolve foaming carpet cleaner. If all else fails you could just flip the mattress and the pad over. Lol. The febreeze for fabrics is also a great product for deodorizing fabrics.
    Yeah I'm planning on febreezing after the baking soda dries but the carpet cleaner is a good idea thanks!! Idea didn't think about that even though I just had to clean dogpee out of my carpet :/ Totally panic fail

Word to the wise for next time: Get a mattress cover. They no longer are made of thick plastic that makes the bed less comfortable or make any noise. They're sold as "hypoallergenic covers" that happen to be waterproof as well. I would very much recommend getting one of these, and perhaps a goodnites bedpad as well to make sure that any accidents that make it outside your diaper don't ruin your mattress. Put everything you can in the washer, then let the mattress air out for awhile. Depending on how badly you soaked the mattress you might even want to take it outside to make sure it's dried out as well as it can be. Other than that I doubt it will smell too bad after you clean up the area with a fabric cleaner of some sort, the biggest worry would be moisture soaking deep into the mattress and needing to really air it out to make sure it's dry.