Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Those With Smartphones:

DrunknFox

Default For Those With Smartphones:

On ADISC, I notice a lot of "signatures" if you will, that say something like "Sent from my iPhone" or smart phone, or sent from "Tapatalk".

Are you guys ever self-conscious someone might take your phone and read what you've sent?

If I'm ever mobile, I download a different browser from the app store (I have an iPhone) and keep it tucked in a folder. I delete it once I'm done using it.

Tapatalk has the option of setting a password, so everything is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Balto123 View Post
    On ADISC, I notice a lot of "signatures" if you will, that say something like "Sent from my iPhone" or smart phone, or sent from "Tapatalk".

Are you guys ever self-conscious someone might take your phone and read what you've sent?
    Nope, but then again, it's safe to assume if you have my phone and are able to read it, then I'm dead, and you've wasted way too much time decrypting the backups as my phone and ipad both wipe after 4 failed passcode attempts and both have mandatory encryption on their backups

Supersam1223

If you can guess two, completely random, pass codes, which hold absolutely no meaning or relevance whatsoever, then you are welcome to read my posts. I've never had anyone guess more than one digit correctly on either. Or have wasted your time hacking into the encrypted backup that I keep on my external HDD in an encrypted volume (I keep a backup of my entire laptop in there, but I don't have the backup saved anywhere on my laptop itself).

In my opinion, if you go to that length to find out what posts I make, you have some serious issues...

I just have a PIN on mine, but it's rarely out of my sight long enough for anybody to mess with it.

Nobody goes into my phone except my girlfriend and she usually just reads my texts anyway... Probably to make sure I'm not cheating :p

To gain access somebody has to get past my alphanumeric passcode in order to see my phone and Tapatalk is hidden stealthily.

However...when I used to write long posts I would copy my text from time to time as a sort of backup when Tapatalk was new and buggy. Unfortunately I pasted it into a text I sent to a work colleague by accident. I freaked out and got to him before he was able to read it and had him delete it.

I thought I was literally going to have an accident after the heart attack I had after I realised what I had done.

Luckily I left that for another time when I was padded

My phone has a banking app and a PayPal app on it along with all my non-work email accounts. The AB/DL/BF stuff really isn't more private than those things. So I'm not too worried about that stuff in particular.

Sent from my iPhone

On most mobile device browsers, there is a setting for private browsing so it doesn't remember anything you typed or pages you visited. So I don't worry if anyone pics up my phone and starts using it.