Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: omg it's too darn hot!

Default omg it's too darn hot!

We're having a mini-heatwave in the UK right now and I'm sweating like a pig, even with a cloth-backed diaper. How do all of you 24/7 wearers cope with heat? I normally love hot weather but right now I'm hating it.

I'm not in the UK so I don't know how hot it is over there at the moment but its definitely hot over in the US recently as well, I believe its about 28C/82F outside where I am. easiest thing to do to help deal with the heat is stay inside with the AC or in shaded areas outside. if you have to be outside wear a cloth covered diaper vs the plastic ones and use a thinner diaper and change more often if possible, powder definitely helps a little bit. if you wear plastic pants over your diapers try a PUL alternative or get ones with side snaps to improve air circulation.

Quote Originally Posted by woofcub View Post
    I'm not in the UK so I don't know how hot it is over there at the moment but its definitely hot over in the US recently as well, I believe its about 28C/82F outside where I am. easiest thing to do to help deal with the heat is stay inside with the AC or in shaded areas outside. if you have to be outside wear a cloth covered diaper vs the plastic ones and use a thinner diaper and change more often if possible, powder definitely helps a little bit. if you wear plastic pants over your diapers try a PUL alternative or get ones with side snaps to improve air circulation.
    I would happily stay inside with AC but sadly it does not seem a common thing for houses in the UK :/

Grey

Its far to hot at the moment *pants* probably only going to get hotter, cant wait for winter weather again.

i usually wear shorts.......the kind of shorts that a person of your age will remember , like i did this morning. but, at the moment it's too hot and humid for me to even bother putting a nappy on. we got 27.8 in the kitchen, today.
    over the field, this afternoon, every critter was trying to suck my blood and some of them were scarily big. i think the best advice for any IC person in this weather is to find a body of water and just plonk themselves down in it.
    or go shopping (for the air-con).

I'm off work tomorrow and I'm thinking I might spend all day in the mall just to stay cool and out of the sun. I changed into shorts (after a cool shower) when I got home from work, but sadly shorts are not allowed in the office. Unfortunately leaving the nappy off is not an option for me, though I'm risking going without the plastic pants because those are totally unbearable in this heat.

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    I'm off work tomorrow and I'm thinking I might spend all day in the mall just to stay cool and out of the sun. I changed into shorts (after a cool shower) when I got home from work, but sadly shorts are not allowed in the office. Unfortunately leaving the nappy off is not an option for me, though I'm risking going without the plastic pants because those are totally unbearable in this heat.
    That must suck for you, hope things improve!

Quote Originally Posted by downtide View Post
    sadly shorts are not allowed in the office.
    i hate that attitude by employers. not least because it's demeaning in that they're acting like they own you, but it's also illegal for them to force people into wearing unsuitable clothing.
    for you, let's face it, your working environment is no different from a classroom one (and you wore shorts to school, didn't you?).
    Victory for schoolboy, 13, who went to class in a skirt in protest against shorts ban as uniform rules are changed | Mail Online