Thread: Thumb or Fingersucking

Default Thumb or Fingersucking

I have sucked my thumb for as long as I can remember . Since I was a baby . Always my right one . My mom never tried anything to get me to stop and I think she thinks I outgrew it . I'm 26 and still a thumbsucker . Usually just when I sleep but lately more often . Stress I guess ? Or possibly sleeping with my blankie and childhood favorite plushie I got out from storage recently ... And they aren't going back ! Hubby doesnt seem to mind the thumbsucking even though he doesn't know about my AB side . So I was just wondering about everyone else ...

How long have you sucked ? Which one ? Have you ever been made to stop or had the dental appliance put in so you couldn't ? Do you suck it during the day or just at night? Is anyone bothered or grossed out by the fact that you still do it? Do you use a blanket or animal when you do it ? And do you ever notice that it has a different smell than the other thumb or fingers?

Cushiebabe

I stopped... but I did suck my fingers until I was like 8yrs old...which is late to stop...

Quote Originally Posted by PinkpaciAlly View Post
    I have sucked my thumb for as long as I can remember . Since I was a baby . Always my right one . My mom never tried anything to get me to stop and I think she thinks I outgrew it . I'm 26 and still a thumbsucker . Usually just when I sleep but lately more often . Stress I guess ? Or possibly sleeping with my blankie and childhood favorite plushie I got out from storage recently ... And they aren't going back ! Hubby doesnt seem to mind the thumbsucking even though he doesn't know about my AB side . So I was just wondering about everyone else ...

How long have you sucked ? Which one ? Have you ever been made to stop or had the dental appliance put in so you couldn't ? Do you suck it during the day or just at night? Is anyone bothered or grossed out by the fact that you still do it? Do you use a blanket or animal when you do it ? And do you ever notice that it has a different smell than the other thumb or fingers?

I do it every once in a long while. I think it's cute, but a lot of my hobbies involve getting my hands dirty, so I always worry about having gas, oil, etc. on them, even though I wash them thoroughly. If it weren't for that I'd do it all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

How long have you sucked? My whole 19 year life.

Which one? My right thumb.

Have you ever been made to stop or had the dental appliance put in so you couldn't? I wish.

Do you suck it during the day or just at night? I try to stick to pacfiers now but sometimes I do it unknowingly at night and I'll wake up with it in my mouth.

Is anyone bothered or grossed out by the fact that you still do it? I have only told two people in my life (not counting my mother) but they didn't really care.

Do you use a blanket or animal when you do it? No.

And do you ever notice that it has a different smell than the other thumb or fingers? Yes it used to have a smell (now gone) and also a noticable loss of pigmentation (of which has since come back).