View Poll Results: What do you want to see in a new diaper?

Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Plastic backed

127 76.97%
  • Cloth backed

42 25.45%
  • Allover print

111 67.27%
  • Just the taping panel

42 25.45%
  • Plain

20 12.12%
  • Wetness indacater

49 29.70%
  • Absorbancy of a Depends

4 2.42%
  • Absorbancy of a Abena X-Plus

81 49.09%
  • Absorbancy of a Bambino Bellissimo

93 56.36%
  • 1 tape on each side

77 46.67%
  • 2 tapes on each side

67 40.61%
  • 3 tapes on each side

30 18.18%
  • Refastenable tapes

129 78.18%
  • Single use tapes

13 7.88%
  • Standing leak guards

140 84.85%
  • No standing leak guards

2 1.21%
  • Sold in the USA

132 80.00%
  • Sold in Canada

56 33.94%
  • Sold in Europe

57 34.55%
  • Sold in Australia

47 28.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New printed diaper on the market. what would you like?

Lightbulb New printed diaper on the market. what would you like?

Hi this is a poll out of my own curiosity.
    If I started a company to bring you new kinds of printed adult diapers, all tape on.
    What would you want?
    I also thought if the costumer had input into the graphic design of the backing and taping panel, in the form of a contest, would this be a good idea?

I would also offer a small size unlike the other mainstream AB/DL company's out there.

also if you want, go ahead and post a pic or link (as long as it allowed, and is PG-13) of what to see in a diaper, along with your response.

this is a multi-choice poll, so go ahead and choose more than one.
    Last edited by Blacksmith; 23-May-2012 at 02:03. Reason: comment on the small size

I checked all of the "Sold in ..." boxes. After all, why shouldn't everybody be happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksmith View Post
    If I started a company to bring you new kinds of printed adult diapers, all tape on.
    What would you want?

Inspired by a recent purchase of ABU diapers and a subsequent post on this thread I'll reiterate my opinion.

If a company would put their resources into producing a true baby diaper replica that is;

as thick and absorbent as an Abena X-plus,

had one large tape on each side,

I know some like the prints but I would also like the option of a plain white plastic exterior,

and had functional standing leak guards that almost bite into the skin to provide an effective seal from leaks

I would be willing to pay a premium price and I believe many others would as well. I could see paying between $5 and $10 each for them as long as they were sold in small quantities like a two pack.

I like plastic backed diapers, I really love the sound when they crinkle.

I love the absorbency of the bellisimo but i really wish it was thicker in the front for guys and the rear seat for girls. I really wish they did a boy/girl version with pink plastic for girls and baby blue for guys. Of course one big tape would make it really good as well. Plain white version is a good idea too. I dont like the fact bambino uses a giant panel for their diapers id like something less loud, a lil smaller, and smooth. Something like the old plastic luvs panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaymen View Post
    If a company would put their resources into producing a true baby diaper replica that is;

and had functional standing leak guards that almost bite into the skin to provide an effective seal from leaks

I would be willing to pay a premium price and I believe many others would as well. I could see paying between $5 and $10 each for them as long as they were sold in small quantities like a two pack.
    Seconded a baby diaper replica and your point about the leak guards is spot on
    I'd probably drop the price to 2/$3 - 4/$6 each and to get that price I'd be willing to have more tapes follow the baby trend of moving to cotton backed (going for the landing zone being the only bit coloured in and the wetness indicator being part of the pattern down the front and up the bottom) as long as I could have it as a reusable shell and get at least one use per dollar spent before it needed using and binning I'd be chuffed to pieces ^_^

My perfect diaper would be an ABU Super Dry Kids with twice the absorbency. I'm surprised that the single tape option is the winning choice (at the time of this post anyway). I like single tapes. The ABU tapes work really well for me.

a wetness indicator would be fantastic, as would stretchy velcro tapes like on a real baby diaper, also an elastic waistband to help get the perfect fit!!

I personally love cloth backed but I would be ok with plastic-backed as long as the tapes were still velcro, or actually re-fastenable.

also another thing that would be lovely is padding that goes all the way up the back and at least a little padding into the wings to help with leaks :p

also if you could make a standard and a "narrow" option. the narrow option would have the same waistband size but have a narrower crotch. My biggest beef with adult diapers is I don't need 6 freaking inches across my crotch. 4 is just fine.

I too would be willing to drop bank on these as a special treat every once in a while.

I would love any and all of these suggestions, especially if they were sold in Canada! It is almost impossible to get good diapers in Canada, I tend to use Tena because that's all I can find in my area for a decent price. The shipping costs on everything else are just insane...

-Ron

I love that Australia is an option!

Thank you for not forgetting about us!