Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's been a while...

Default It's been a while...

So yeah, it occurred to me I hadn't been around much here lately, and I figured now was probably a good time to say something, just in case...

Tomorrow I go in for a cardiac ablation. It's a relatively routine procedure that has a slightly better chance of fixing my afib than staying on this gawdawful medication has of keeping my heart beating straight for any extended period of time.

Yeah, that's pretty much why I haven't been active as much here. The combination of drugs I'm on has me slowwwwwwed down so much that it's a fight to stay awake for more than 4-5 hours at a time. Hopefully this procedure deals with that problem once and for all, and I can get back to being a relatively normally functioning human being again.

Cherub

Well glad you stopped by and let us know how you were doing! Will keep you in thoughts and prayers that everything will work out fine.

Good luck, WBDaddy. I hope to hear that this procedure worked out very well, and that your heart is working fine again. Please take care of yourself. You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Hope all goes well for you! Hope you can get strong again! I know how it is with meds, they can knock you out and keep you on the sidelines for a while and I will keep you in my thoughts!

WildTHing121675

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    Good luck, WBDaddy. I hope to hear that this procedure worked out very well, and that your heart is working fine again. Please take care of yourself. You have my best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Knock on wood, the procedure worked out very well. It ran longer than expected, but only because they discovered some additional spots that needed burning in order to ensure that the ablation worked as intended. So far so good.

That's wonderful news. I hope things continue to go well for you. Please keep us up to date on how things are going. Take care.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad things are going well. I've certainly missed you comments and commentary. You always have good things to say.

Thank you all for the support. It feels good, sometimes, to be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by WBDaddy View Post
    Thank you all for the support. It feels good, sometimes, to be missed.
    Glad this worked out for you. I have SVT and have been offered Beta Blockers as a temp measure, I declined.
    I have also been offered this catheter ablation as a permanent method. Could I get in contact with you to see exactly what they do?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Glad this worked out for you. I have SVT and have been offered Beta Blockers as a temp measure, I declined.
    I have also been offered this catheter ablation as a permanent method. Could I get in contact with you to see exactly what they do?
    Sure. There isn't much to it, really. Overnight stay in the hospital. Younger you are, the better chance of it working.