Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it that makes you a furry?

Default What is it that makes you a furry?

I do not ever post in this forum because I really do not understand this fetish/interest. When I first heard of this about 4 years ago, I was told it was people who dress up in like furry mascot uniforms and do intiment things, lol. Obviously from being a member here for several months I can tell that is nearly not what it is all about. So I would appreciate it if everyone posted a little bit about what they like about being a furry or what they think makes them a furry.

what can i say, i like animals, ya know drawing them & such and such

Quote Originally Posted by Soulja_Flox View Post
    what can i say, i like animals, ya know drawing them & such and such
    Yeah I like animals too! Lots of people like animals, but I do not think most of those people would consider them furries.

Because I write furry stories, perhaps?

This might also have something to do with it.

For me it's not about dressing up in fancy costumes or drawing pretty pictures or even writing stories.

It's about identifying internally with a specific animal...in my case a small pink bunny. (Yeah, I know bunnies aren't pink!) I think it's the cute cuddliness of said pink bunny that I really identify with...not that I'm cute (or even very cuddly)...but on the INSIDE this is how I feel/picture myself.

Make sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ayanna View Post
    [color=#ff0088]For me it's not about dressing up in fancy costumes or drawing pretty pictures or even writing stories.

It's about identifying internally with a specific animal...in my case a small pink bunny. (Yeah, I know bunnies aren't pink!) I think it's the cute cuddliness of said pink bunny that I really identify with...not that I'm cute (or even very cuddly)...but on the INSIDE this is how I feel/picture myself.

Make sense?
    hmm, a little bit of that too, sorta

For me, it's the identification part as well and definitely the largest part is the role playing one...fursuiters (because that is the name given to people who use suits) are one kind of furries. Others write, others just stay at home with me. I don't think there's a sort of "test" you have to make to wear the label of "furry" :P.

My RP characters tend to be anthropomorphic creatures.

I guess my fursona is reflecting my personality and helps me to express my feelings, so that's what makes me a furry, I guess. I'm a cat because I'm lazy and If I had to be an animal, I'd like to be a cat so I could just... sleep all day, stop worrying about school, money or whatever...

I think it's because I like animals and Identify with some of them (Swim team=Otter awesome). This explanation may be subject to sudden and radical change.