Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The winds of change...

Default The winds of change...

Hi guys, im here to get some help... or something like that anyway.

For a while, i have always thought of Furries (or is it furrys?) as strange... however i feel that maybe this judgement has been because of my subconcious effort to hide the fact that i too may be a furry... if that makes sense?

Anyway, ive been starting to show interest in this... so yeah.
    Hi guys, im NewyDL and I'm a furry.

Subconsciously hiding the fact you're a furry or furvert from yourself, I know the feeling. I'm sure we're all willing to welcome you with open front legs. (And some may be willing to spread their hind legs too. XD (I really need to learn how to not make everything a dirty joke...))

welcome to cuddly awesomeness! *crinklehugs*

Catperson

Welcome! Please take two steps to the left so that we may begin the standard furry-conversion protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by Catperson View Post
    Welcome! Please take two steps to the left so that we may begin the standard furry-conversion protocol.
    *gets up, and takes to steps to the left* now what?

Quote Originally Posted by SleepingBlueWolf View Post
    One of us! One of us! One of us! ^^
    One of us! One of us! One of us! =)

What you've just described totally makes sense, and it's basically how I got into the furry fandom. It all started with me going from "oh man this stuff is mad weird!" to "Oh god why am I unzipping my pants while looking at this picture of an anthro german shepherd?!?!?".

To elaborate, I started out thinking that furries were just one of those crazy subcultures of people that doesn't have any rhyme or reason to it, like some of those wacky Japanese subcultures. As I researched furries more and more, I eventually came to Encyclopedia Dramatica, and it was all downhill from there!

Furries were my prime source of humor back then, because some of the articles detailing the situations they've gotten themselves into were just so incredibly hilarious that I basically became addicted to the site. I found myself logging on almost every night in hopes that another "freak" had done something absurd and 'lulzworthy'. However, there was another reason why I continuously logged on, which I kept as my little secret. That site, aside from MixedCandy, was my only resource for looking at pictures of fursuits. I felt conflicted because while I desperately wanted one of those awesome fursuits, I didn't want to fall victim to trolls like the ones on ED.

Eventually, I stumbled across some... suggestive pictures. Everyone else on the site was posting comments like "kill it with fire!" or "this is sick! bleck!" ...but not me. Something just kinda clicked in my head, and instead of it just being this cool and quirky thing, I now thought that the stuff I was looking at was somehow cute. From that point on I began feeling sorry for furries, because I realized that while the site was supposed to be humorous, there would occasionally be some really hurtful or just outright hateful things posted. I began drifting away from ED, and more towards sites like FurAffinity and back to Latinvixen's site, MixedCandy, which was the point of origin for my interest in furries.

Anyways, back to the main point. It's understandable to put up a mental defense by saying that something is outlandish or freaky while deep down inside you're secretly into it. Sometimes we do that because we don't want to be negatively judged by our peers. So don't feel bad about it. If you're a furry, then that's awesome! Yeah, a few people are going to think you're a a total nutjob, but you know what?... they've got they're own quirks that I'm sure others would find just as strange, and that's okay. It's the crazy things like being a furry that makes people interesting and unique.

So with that, I'd like to officially welcome you to the furry fandom!

^That's almost the same thing that happened to me. I read ED articles on furry topics for laughs then slowly became more and more interested in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Synth771 View Post
    ^That's almost the same thing that happened to me. I read ED articles on furry topics for laughs then slowly became more and more interested in it.
    Is it bad that I found ED AFTER realizing I was a furry, and find most of the articles on babyfurs to be as funny as hell?

on an actually related note; Welcome. a lot of members have similar stories. Just don't worry about labels, do whatever you feel is right.

---
    The Furluminati have corrupted another, we proceed as planned....