Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hardcore Appreciation Thread

Cool Hardcore Appreciation Thread

Gather around kiddies, let me first of all introduce myself again for those who dont know of me (most likely the entire forum...)
    I am NewyDL, im 18 and i live in newcastle and i Love Hardcore Music.

Now, i was having a bit of a lurk tonight and i just happened to be listening to a great band called "The Acacia Strain"... and i Started to think.. "I wonder how many members dig hardcore, or any other of the many "core" genres?".

So im calling out any members who like Hardcore, Deathcore, Metalcore, ect.

tl:dr if you listen to hardcore...share something?

Ill get this ball rolling... here are some of the bands i think are the bee's knees

The Acacia Strain, The Amity Affliction, Your Demise, Terror, The Ghost Inside, Trapped Under Ice, The Carrier, Parkway Drive, Confession, Deez Nuts, Enter Shikari...

Quote Originally Posted by NewyDL View Post
    if you listen to hardcore...share something?
    Can we be friends?

Parkway Drive, Amity, The Ghost Inside. <3

Plus, Memphis May Fire is epic as well.

(Side note. I'll add you to the Aussie Group now.)

awwww yeeeeeah!

Amity kill it live! do you like northlane?

Nah Man, never got into them. I've had the luck to See PWD, The Ghost Inside and Amity all live :3

Also, i got to see the perth band Saviour, before they made it big X3

I'll do Crust punk (the dirtier side of hardcore) mixed with metal or those metal bands that mix punk the right way with metal such as Darkthrone's later works. I always found metalcore and deathcore to be a big fad in my book and was a cheesy, less 'metal' spinoff of it's source material in the same way Grunge was in the 90's, but to each their own. Amebix, Acephalix, Gallhammer, Embers, ect are some of my favorite crust/metal bands.

yeah, i try not to accociate with "metalcore".. back when i went through that spastic "scene" stage i loved it... now, not so much... im familiar with crust punk, its pretty rad! some of my friends are starting to get me into Djent too... im really digging this band called veil of maya... but to be true, i just like anything that is brutal. not so fond of "post-hardcore" either... ive been getting into punk and early hardcore stuff these days. As for metal... Lamb of God counts?

Lamb Of God is amazing :3

Other Artists i like. Various Genres though!

The Devil Wears Prada, Sonic Syndicate, Confide, Of Mice and Men, Story of the Year and Young Guns are all good.

Also, Who's heard of Sienna Skies?

Quote Originally Posted by Snaps View Post
    Lamb Of God is amazing :3

Other Artists i like. Various Genres though!

The Devil Wears Prada, Sonic Syndicate, Confide, Of Mice and Men, Story of the Year and Young Guns are all good.

Also, Who's heard of Sienna Skies?
    ive heard of sienna skies, never listened to there stuff though.. CONFIDE ARE AMAZING! of mice and men are pretty great too! i hadnt heard them at all and then i went to a show and they were the first band to play! they killed it! i was so impressed.

what do you think of all of the confession drama?
    and are you a fan of break even, snaps?

Nah, I was never a fan of Break Even. Saw them live once though.

Oh, Dream on Dreamer are good too!

do you like enter shikari? tbh i almost cried when i saw them at soundwave. they have been my fave band since i was 15... and they were everything i wanted when i saw them play. :') i owned that pit...