Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for advice, and a little about myself. Hello!

Default Looking for advice, and a little about myself. Hello!

Greetings, I've been lurking here for a few days and have been very grateful for all the information I've found.

I'm a grad student in my mid twenties, and I do some off and on work in research. I'm out for the summer and looking forward to having some free time to relax. In the past few days off I've been lurking this forum and I'm curious about all the AB/DL things I've been reading.

I think I've had a latent interest in adult baby and diaper play since I was a teenager, and I've never thought too much about it except for the passing thought and a gut response somewhere along the lines of "no, don't go down that road". I'm a little worried about letting myself explore the possibility of this interest, although I know that in the end I'm just going to have to run with it if it's something I keep coming back to. I'm okay with that, I'm just nervous and I'm not sure where to start. I don't know what diapers I should buy or how often I want to use them, or if I want to wear them in public. I also have interests in other baby toys like pacifiers, rubber pants, some frilly clothing, etc. Maybe I should just rip the band-aid off and go for it? All in all I'd like someone to talk to about where to start and what to try first.

Other than those interests, I love puzzles, video games, board games, and biking. I also have a huge academic interest in psychology of paraphilia (might have something to do with how I ended up here, I guess). I read a lot of academic papers on happiness, choices, diet, health, neuroscience. I'm a big nerd. I love cooking and food, especially Italian and Japanese. I have a very supportive partner that I adore and spend lots of time with.

I hope to find information from this forum, and I really hope to find someone in particular that wouldn't mind giving me their advice and experience, whether through 1-2 conversations or as a penpal over an extended period of time. I absolutely love hearing about other people's experiences and throwing ideas against the wall to see what sticks. I won't corner people and force them to talk to me, but if you're in the mood to share please send a message my way. I hope this doesn't come off as predatory, because I'm fine lurking by myself too. (I'm very concerned about making a faux-pas here. . . )

At any rate, i'm glad this forum exists because I'm a little confused and it helps me work through my thoughts

EDIT--Also regarding my user name: I just like things that sound silly and nonsensical. Squishy doesn't have anything to do with wet diapers.
    Last edited by squishysquee; 18-May-2012 at 21:06.

I'm pretty sure that if you don't intend to do anything bad here, nobody will try to say you are.

Hello! I too am in my 20s and just now attempting to discover things. I think you should take the bandaid off, but that's mostly because I don't see any possible consequences of not doing so. Seems to me that it's almost a moral feeling, but as long as you aren't hurting anyone, don't worry. Summer free-time is an excellent time to start, because when you start, you'll be a little unorganized. Best to account for the planning fallacy and whatnot.

Psychology, high among the list the psychology of paraphilia, is a pretty big interest of mine. Though it wasn't the interest in psychology that induced any of my fetishes, but the other way around. I'd love to share words with you on the subject, I am a genuine ideamine here, ripe for excursion, and that's how I view everything.

You seem like a sensible person. Welcome to this highly exclusive (in a slightly metaphorical sense) club.
    Hope we can offer the support you require; I, myself, can only do so much, but feel free to ask me questions.

Oh great! How did you first buy diapers, and how did you decide what brand to buy? Is it okay to just go with a store brand at first to try it out, and then figure out later if you want to try better ones?

Also if you could explain a little more about why it's unorganized when you first try out diapers. Elaborate as much as you're comfortable with, please. I'm interested in people's personal experiences with starting out.

Alternatively, if there's a thread I haven't found about starting out, I should probably search for that.

Quote Originally Posted by squishysquee View Post
    Oh great! How did you first buy diapers, and how did you decide what brand to buy? Is it okay to just go with a store brand at first to try it out, and then figure out later if you want to try better ones?

Also if you could explain a little more about why it's unorganized when you first try out diapers. Elaborate as much as you're comfortable with, please. I'm interested in people's personal experiences with starting out.

Alternatively, if there's a thread I haven't found about starting out, I should probably search for that.
    I'm unsure if there's a thread with that topic, but I haven't searched because it's not particularly useful for me.

I haven't bought any diapers yet, but my plan is to just walk into walmart and try something. Life is experimentation. Try things, keep things you like, see if there's something you like more. Costs and benefits.

It's a bit disorganized because you might be unaware that you left something discriminating out in the open, and I myself have a lot of strange interests that I'm glad I learned to keep under wraps.
    Which makes me sound like a serial killer... no, I'm not.
    Some things are meant for the best of friends and the most intimate of individuals. And for almost-anonymous online forums.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatjackal View Post
    and I myself have a lot of strange interests that I'm glad I learned to keep under wraps.
    Which makes me sound like a serial killer... no, I'm not.
    No, I understand. I have a LOT of alternative sexuality interests that wouldn't be appropriate to discuss on this forum. It doesn't make you a serial killer, just pervy.
    Last edited by HogansHeroes; 18-May-2012 at 23:29. Reason: fixing quote tag

Hi Squishy! Love the name! I think when and where to start depends on how much privacy you have. You mentioned you have a partner. Does he/she live with you, or do you have your own place? I basically had to wait until I was on my own to start wearing diapers a lot. If you have never tried a diaper and just want to know what it feels like, just go buy a store brand today and give it a try. I would suggest buying a size up from what you would fit into. For instance, my waist size would put me in adult size Medium, but I buy Large. This is just a personal preference of mine, but I think bigger is less tight and more comfortable. Also makes more crinkly sound when you walk around.

After that first experience, if you have enough privacy, I would order a package online. My personal favorite is Abena Dry 24/7 that I order from XP Medical. ABUniverse also makes some incredibly cute (but expensive) babyish looking adult diapers, so I would check them out too.

Anyway, that's a starting point. Would love to share my experiences if it helps.

Hi squishysquee, welcome to ADISC. That was a very good introduction, and an interesting question, " Where to start and what to try first ? ". There really is not a lesson-plan, or sequence of steps to follow to be an *B/DL. I would say, just follow your heart, do what comes naturally to you. Do, and try what you are comfortable with. You must already have some ideas, interests, or fantasies that you want to explore. As you said, rip the band-aide off and go for it. It will not be long before you discover what is right for you, but if you do have questions, don't hesitate to ask about them. The members here, collectively, can offer a vast amount of information and personal experience. Anyway, have fun exploring the wonderous world of ADISC, and even more fun exploring and discovering what makes squishysquee happy. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    I think when and where to start depends on how much privacy you have. You mentioned you have a partner. Does he/she live with you, or do you have your own place?
    My partner and I live separately. I've told him about my experimentation, and he's very supportive, even offering to be involved with it if it turns out to be something I really like a lot (he's the greatest). For now though I'm going to experiment on my own, and figure out what I think about it all. I don't know that I have the guts to just go buy a pack of diapers in a brick and mortar store just yet.

Just before you posted, I ordered some diapers on amazon. I think I may have ordered them too small considering your advice. I am clueless about sizing but I guess it's going to take some experimentation to see what I like.

I also ordered some pacifiers, which I'm excited about.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    There really is not a lesson-plan, or sequence of steps to follow to be an *B/DL. I would say, just follow your heart, do what comes naturally to you. Do, and try what you are comfortable with. You must already have some ideas, interests, or fantasies that you want to explore.
    I guess I have some really vague ideas and interests (not sure how to build on them) and a lot of nerves about buying and trying diapers. They're a little expensive and there are a lot of sizes and absorbencies. . . I don't really know what to get for my size, and I think I probably ordered the wrong ones online.

Maybe I'm just too neurotic for my own good

Quote Originally Posted by squishysquee View Post
    My partner and I live separately. I've told him about my experimentation, and he's very supportive, even offering to be involved with it if it turns out to be something I really like a lot (he's the greatest). For now though I'm going to experiment on my own, and figure out what I think about it all. I don't know that I have the guts to just go buy a pack of diapers in a brick and mortar store just yet.

Just before you posted, I ordered some diapers on amazon. I think I may have ordered them too small considering your advice. I am clueless about sizing but I guess it's going to take some experimentation to see what I like.

I also ordered some pacifiers, which I'm excited about.

---------- Post added at 11:15 ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 ----------

I guess I have some really vague ideas and interests (not sure how to build on them) and a lot of nerves about buying and trying diapers. They're a little expensive and there are a lot of sizes and absorbencies. . . I don't really know what to get for my size, and I think I probably ordered the wrong ones online.

Maybe I'm just too neurotic for my own good
    I totally understand your concern about ordering the wrong size, and buying diapers on-line can be somewhat expensive. I would suggest that you buy a cheaper, store-brand package of diapers from a local drugstore to start out with. Once you are familiar with what size fits you best, you can move up to a better, albeit, more expensive brand of diaper. Just ask for help in the forums about size and style, there are many members that can answer your questions better than I can.

Oh gosh, I just got back from buying a pack of diapers at CVS. . . they had a self-checkout and the place was empty so I just went for it. They're sitting in the back of my car now. I'll probably get to try them on Monday when I have some time alone. I feel so nervous but excited.