Thread: Another Try

Default Another Try

Hello ADISC'ers!

This is my re-introduction as I felt my original one was weak and unoriginal. I jumped in without much thought and can't shake that generic feeling. My original avatar was hotstuff. As I got to know my way around this forum and have interacted with many of you already I had to make my intro more personal and less generic. I changed my user name and avatar. This isn't an attempt to "start fresh" but rather a more proper intro of myself as I have admired the creativity of many others here. My first attempt was simply the first things that popped into my head and have put more thought into it since starting the thread about avatars.

My chosen name comes from my need for speed out on the open road and watching for that over-zealous sheriff. A cat and mouse game, if you will. My new avatar is that ultra-fast roadrunner; a desert creature with more confidence than brains.

I love the outdoors, seeing, traveling, exploring. I feel caged when indoors. Art is a passion of mine. Painting, illustration, etc. I love nuts. Pistachios are heavenly. I like to collect old road memorabilia. License plates, bullet riddled road signs, etc. I am ULTRA curious! I am usually reading or researching when alone. I am very interested in odd sciences such as unusual mental disorders in phsycology, sciences in chemistry, biology, sociology, quantum sciences in connectivity although I am not an expert in any of these sciences. I have just read a bit and explored them. People say I am outgoing. Like the California surfer and in fact I do have CA in me but early on transplanted in the desert. I do have my quirks though. I am unusually organized and tidy. A no shoes in the house kind. I prefer cats more than dogs but love both. It's just that cats are so dang complex and I love challenges. Music to me is the ultimate escape. Electronica allows for hours of that.Trance and Techno. I enjoy classic rock, classic instrumental such as piano, jazz, and most of the 80's stuff. My pet peeve is litterbugs. I'm rarely in a hurry. I'm tired of paying taxes and seeing it wasted. If I could be any animal it would be a brown bear. And lastly, I am thankfull for all of those that fight for or gave thier life for freedom.

Anyway, I am overdoing it here. I look forward to many interesting and informative log-ins here with all of you.

Wow! That was an amazing introduction! Very interesting and not generic at all. You prefer cats to dogs, but do you have a cat? Also, you have an interest in unusual mental disorders; is that where you found our "mental disorder", infantilism? Anyway, I really hope to hear more from you in this forum as I'm sure you have many interesting insights.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld08 View Post
    Wow! That was an amazing introduction! Very interesting and not generic at all. You prefer cats to dogs, but do you have a cat? Also, you have an interest in unusual mental disorders; is that where you found our "mental disorder", infantilism? Anyway, I really hope to hear more from you in this forum as I'm sure you have many interesting insights.
    Thank you MyWorld for the kind words. Well, I don't have a cat yet. Maybe one day. I do invite in all the stray or ferile felines in the neighborhood though! They come for a quick bite or wanna play for a bit.

About infinilism: My early childhood I was interested in diapers but suppressed it for many years. A year ago when I was 38 I re-discovered my fetish and have explored it. There is sooooo little published on the subject that it never came up in any psychology I have read. I have since learned a little about it but the causes and desires are wide. It would hardly be compared to a disorder as therapy is rarely needed to cope with infintilism. However, it could be a symptom of a larger or more complex stress on the mind. It is usually regarded as a coping mechanism or fetish.

Great introduction! Glad to have you here.

We just adopted a cat and she's hilariously fun.

I raced sportscars for a number of years and can certainly identify with your "need for speed". However, my days of escaping traffic cops are over--it's just too risky. Have you ever considered going to proper racetrack and see what you're made of?

Do you like to wrench on cars too?

Stay dry and happy!

Quote Originally Posted by ultrapampers View Post
    Great introduction! Glad to have you here.

We just adopted a cat and she's hilariously fun.

I raced sportscars for a number of years and can certainly identify with your "need for speed". However, my days of escaping traffic cops are over--it's just too risky. Have you ever considered going to proper racetrack and see what you're made of?

Do you like to wrench on cars too?

Stay dry and happy!
    No racetrack for me. Just the spontaneous urge to push the pedal when there is an open stretch of highway ahead. I'm not in the habit of endangering others during heavy traffic. One of the best stretches I've been on is dubbed "The Lonliest Highway in the US". It is Highway 50 stretching across Nevada. Almost 300 miles of open highway! I also enjoyed Highway 89 up to Prescott, AZ. It's a rollercoaster road with switchbacks and hairpin and banked turns for about 16 miles. Top speed about 45mph. I simply enjoy the ride. Not much into maxing out performance or time trials.

I am a gearhead but mostly in aviation gas turbine engines.