Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a headset mic

Default Need help with a headset mic

Yesterday my dad and I picked up Diablo 3 and two sets of headsets with mic's attached. However both of us have no clue as to how to get them to work while we play diablo or any game for that matter?

Any advice so I don't lose my voice yelling back and forth across the house?

look like all u need todo is plug them the back of your pc (i am assuming) in the pink and green plugs. Try that!! Let me know how it goes

Ok they are plugged in but that doesn't help me when it comes to communicating with my dad's head set.

Okay, I am a bit confused, could you be more specific. OS, is it detected?, did you try downloading the driver manually?, how are you trying to communicate (as in which program are you using), and finally did you set the headset as your default on your computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    Ok they are plugged in but that doesn't help me when it comes to communicating with my dad's head set.
    hmm so can u hear other people chatting? and can they hear you? if so then u need to find your dads nickname and join a private chat within the game

I'll try that out and get back to you with my results.

---------- Post added at 01:43 ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    Okay, I am a bit confused, could you be more specific. OS, is it detected?, did you try downloading the driver manually?, how are you trying to communicate (as in which program are you using), and finally did you set the headset as your default on your computer?
    Windows 7, Everything is detected and working I even magnaged to record my voice and play it back. My problem is what do I do in game to chat with my dad? Do I have to use another program like Skype to talk or does anyone know if Diablo has it's own program for talking?

Is the mic volume turned up in the sound mixer?

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post

Windows 7, Everything is detected and working I even magnaged to record my voice and play it back. My problem is what do I do in game to chat with my dad? Do I have to use another program like Skype to talk or does anyone know if Diablo has it's own program for talking?
    Now that, i dont know as i have not played the game yet srry but it should have sum kind of in game chat