Thread: Taking a Break

Default Taking a Break

I am about to go home for summer vacation and I think it is time for a break, I'm not sure for how long though. The longest I will go is the whole summer. I will still be here on adisc but I just won't be indulging in my AB/DL sissy/lg side.

I never understand when people "take breaks" as if this is something you're not allowed to do. Why deny yourself harmless pleasure? Life is too short my friend, just be yourself and find a good balance.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynABDL View Post
    I never understand when people "take breaks" as if this is something you're not allowed to do. Why deny yourself harmless pleasure? Life is too short my friend, just be yourself and find a good balance.
    When I denied myself for the longest stretch it was because it wasn't harmless. Discovery by my mother had been very upsetting for the both of us. I was already in a self-loathing place with regard to this desire and so I certainly wasn't willing or able to explain to her why it was harmless. Objectively I agree with you but the subjective matters when you're dealing with humans. We have to decide if the risks are worth the reward. If I had to explain to my mother now (I'd still rather not as it's private), I would and could but due to lack of maturity and sites like this at the time, I was ill-equipped.

^^ Wise words...

I'd also say that sometimes (like right now!) I can get "stuck" in a childish/insecure/obsessive/compulsive/detached "phase" where I kind of... retreat into my own head to the detriment of the rest of my life. It's like time just disappears and I end up, days later, having done nothing productive. Sometimes it's good to take a break, kickstart your mind, and return to "reality" for a bit... even if it's just for a few days or a week or whatever...

Enjoy your break, tall2826...