Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best scary situation?

Default Best scary situation?

So, I know there are plenty of scares where people get caught in a diaper or with diapers, but what about outside of this?

Anybody with a bad scare involving a sport or car accident?

I had a good one yesterday, I ended up bumping my head and getting a scratch on my elbow. Considering what the video of the event looked like, that's pretty damned lucky.

Out skydiving with my wife for Mother's Day (I've got over 800 jumps, she has over 600). The freefall portion of the skydive went normally, but once I deployed my main is when everything went to hell.

The lines on the main were twisted so badly that I could not get them undone and it put me into a flat spin moving towards the ground at a good clip. I got rid of the main and went to the reserve, and lo and behold, the reserve had line twists on it as well.

I could not get the line twists clear on the reserve before touching down. I ended up landing going backwards between two rows of grapes in a vineyard. Pretty good hit, the first few minutes after the landing are a bit fuzzy.

I'll put video up on YouTube at some point and I'll post a link then.

Numerous ones actually.

Back in 2006 a drunk driver hit me. Thankfully it was in such a way I wasn't hurt besides the air bag going off and tearing my lips up. That was annoying.

Another time is when a police officer pulled his firearm on me due to a report by someone just a block away from me not minding his own business. If I want to dig for ferns in the woods I can dig for ferns in the woods. Apparently walking down the street with a shovel was misconstrued as a gun. I nearly pissed my pants and could have been shot if I reacted any differently when the officer approached me and didn't identify himself. Putz. It's actually an incredibly funny and bizarre story and I have the police report framed on my wall. My folks however, didn't think it was that funny.

one was probably getting cut up on a overpass on J16 and throwing my bike over the left to prevent being hit and nearly getting high sided over the fence onto the motorway below but i just managed to stay on the road though some race skills and sheer luck, lets say that car now has a great big black boot scuff from his quater panel to his a piller and no divers side mirror,

Quote Originally Posted by bill1971 View Post
    were they ferns or 'ferns'
    Cinnamon and Eastern wood ferns to be precise.

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    So, I know there are plenty of scares where people get caught in a diaper or with diapers, but what about outside of this?

Anybody with a bad scare involving a sport or car accident?
    I was attacked by a shark. Still have the scars on my foot, though you need to look closely.

---------- Post added at 04:22 ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AnalogRTO View Post
    Out skydiving with my wife for Mother's Day (I've got over 800 jumps, she has over 600). The freefall portion of the skydive went normally, but once I deployed my main is when everything went to hell.

The lines on the main were twisted so badly that I could not get them undone and it put me into a flat spin moving towards the ground at a good clip. I got rid of the main and went to the reserve, and lo and behold, the reserve had line twists on it as well.

I could not get the line twists clear on the reserve before touching down. I ended up landing going backwards between two rows of grapes in a vineyard. Pretty good hit, the first few minutes after the landing are a bit fuzzy.
    I have a friend whose father once went skydiving and his chute didn't open. This might make more sense to you, but her explanation to me was that he saved by the sheer luck that he landed perfectly flat, face down. Broke just about every bone is his body and had major internal injuries. Two years later, he was able to have sex with his wife for the first time. My friend was born nine months later. She refuses to ever go skydiving.

My friend and I were driving down this main road, (he was driving) it was dark and we were doing about 65mph. out of the forrest a doe jumps out in front of the car and we slam into it a full tilt, which I can tell you, was not that fun

Here's the video. Net injuries? One scraped left elbow, tiny bruise above left eyebrow, and possible concussion (first 5-10 minutes after landing are a little fuzzy).

Oh god D: You poor thing. If only you had more padding :P

For me, Scariest thing would be walking at night, when a group of really dodgy people start hassling me. Happened many times, and i get really scared every time.

My brother and I had the four wheelers out on a frozen lake. We were spinning some circles having a grand ol' time. I stopped just in time to see his inner wheel lift up and begin to tip. He was thrown before it hit the ground, and landed, on a knee and his head some distance from the machine. Thankfully we both had helmets. I was off and over to him before the other four wheeler had stopped, and he was shaken, but ultimately okay.