Thread: Hiding diapers from roommate

Default Hiding diapers from roommate

I just moved from a single bedroom apartment into a two bedroom place with a roommate. Of course, I couldn't take any diapers with me on my move so I'm looking to restock soon. I'm looking for advice on how to keep things hidden from my roommate. We work different enough hours where he's at work by the time I get home in the evening. And of course, I think separate bedrooms helps.

I'm thinking I might be able to get away with hiding diapers in a drawer since we are mature enough to respect each other's privacy. I probably should keep my stash somewhat small since I think letting it get too large could lead to it getting found out. My main challenge is going to be finding a way to dispose of them. I don't always use my diapers, but when I do I only wet. I don't want our apartment to smell like used diapers, but I don't want to necessarily take out the garbage every time I use a diaper.

So basically, I'm looking for advice on a system of hiding and getting rid of diapers that my roommate won't discover. The buying and getting them in part shouldn't be hard because of work hours.

Depending on the layout of your apartment you could use the Modern Romen technique. if there is a window with a dumpster below it try to land it in there, if that isn't an option I would suggest a Tupperware container and tripple bagging your used diapers, If you periodically spray the inside and let it air out about once a week you can go longer amounts of time hiding used diapers.

The tupperware container I find has a better oder seal than a closed top trash bin.

when i lived with my mom i would keep my wet diapers in a surplus army ammo can... has the sealed rubber lid.. and you can potentially put a lock on it..they make them big enough that you could actually keep diaper stocks in them as well. just an idea

i would suggest a chest of some sort thats what i use right now and it works great for hiding my stash from those that may be nosy,also my chest has a place to put a lock on it and that makes the security level that much better.

as for the used diapers i would say get the big black trash bags and put the used ones in there till trash day or till you can sneak them out.

We use the big black trash bags already. Only problem is, so far my roommate has been the one taking the trash bag out to the dumpster. I suppose I could, but I'm still unsure if the smell of the wet diapers will become noticeable. I don't wet every diaper I wear, just when I'm in the mood. Also, I don't ever mess my diapers. I tried once, but decided I didn't really enjoy it.

well if you dont wet that often if you have a closet in your room you could keep a trash bag in there and store your wet ones in there till you can take them out.

as long as you tie the bag tight it shouldn't smell cause thats what i do and it seems to work pretty well and i only keep mine in the closet for 3 days at the most and i dont seem to have a problem with the smell.

you can also use fabreez if you want to just to add the extra freshness in your room

As I am still in the military (National Guard), when I go away on my weekend duty I get put up in a hotel with another of the guys in my unit and don't usually know the person. Most of the time, I am able to change in the bathroom while he's out for dinner and I'm set for the night. In the morning, I'll change after a shower or after he leaves the room. I take my used diapers out in a backpack and dispose of them in the dumpster.

If you carry a backpack, this may be an option. Take them out in your backpack once you have a few and dispose of them in the dumpster (tied up in a bag of course). If you've actually wet them, I wouldn't leave them inside more than a day or two. They start to stink fairly quick. I use the plastic grocery bags so it's not as obvious.

When my kids went to college I built them cargo style footlockers. They were ruggedly made from 1 x 4 pine, and I put a latch on them that could accommodate a pad lock. You could even make a false bottom for something like this. My suggestion for disposal has already been stated. Use your backpack, as well as zip lock bags.

Quote Originally Posted by DLDan View Post
    If you carry a backpack, this may be an option. Take them out in your backpack once you have a few and dispose of them in the dumpster (tied up in a bag of course). If you've actually wet them, I wouldn't leave them inside more than a day or two. They start to stink fairly quick. I use the plastic grocery bags so it's not as obvious.
    This is exactly what I do to dispose of mine. I take them out pretty much every day so the smell doesn't get to be a problem.