Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life Hacks

Default Life Hacks

As you grow older, you start to find out nifty little tricks that you can use to make life a little easier. I like to call these little things "Life Hacks"
    things so simple, you wonder why you didn't think of it before.

so I figured that we could all share our personal life hacks in this convenient little thread.

mine is a way to make drinking out of cans easier. what you do is after opening it, simply put another hole in the top somewhere; this allows the air to flow through and eliminate that glugging that happens. use a knife, a key, whatever's handy.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	life hacks no. 1.jpg 
Views:	964 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	8871
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	life hacks no. 1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	73.9 KB 
ID:	8872  

Locke

Mine isn't necessarily something that everyone will find useful, but I am fairly sure if anyone else tried to use my phone they would give up in five minutes. It has so many little problems that if you don't know about all of them it won't work. Lucky for me (I think?) I managed to figure out all the little quirks and have them under control.

StefanHasDiapees

Neat thread idea, and a nice idea. Cans here in Canada, wayyyyyy back (I dunno, 60's and earlier), used to come like you describe! My Uncle has cans from those days. They had two sort of perforated circles, one large (for your mouth) and one small (like you describe). You pushed down on them, and they would lever down and back, out of the way.

My own "life-hack" ideas:

1) Quit using a knife to peel potatoes. Just boil the things like normal, skin-on. Then dip 'em into ice water for five or ten seconds. The outer surface (peel and half a millimeter or so) just pulls clean off with zero effort.

2) Stop doing the "Repeat" step mentioned on shampoo bottles! There is ZERO point for shampooing twice, if you wash your hair more than once every two days. Sure, you get more suds the second time, but that just indicates the soap has nothing left to work on. You are utterly, completely wasting time, effort and money by shampooing twice.

There's a APP website for that.

Lifehacker, tips and downloads for getting things done

Also I don't get how some people find it hard to drink from a can. Are you trying to put your lips fully encircling the can's mouth, or all of the can?

Do people really need help to get drunk faster and if so what does this say about our civilization other then it's getting mildly more retar.... "CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG CHUG!!!"

BLMProductions

Ticks "screw" themselves on clockwise, to remove a tick, simply turn it counterclockwise
    This one is useless but cool: A TV remote shoots out infrared rays which are not visible to the naked eye when a button is pressed, hold you remote up to a camera and press the button, and there you go, you will see the infrared light flashing

Quote Originally Posted by Foxracer529 View Post
    Ticks "screw" themselves on clockwise, to remove a tick, simply turn it counterclockwise
    This one is useless but cool: A TV remote shoots out infrared rays which are not visible to the naked eye when a button is pressed, hold you remote up to a camera and press the button, and there you go, you will see the infrared light flashing
    thanks for the info on ticks, also a red hot pin touched to the tick works fast.

Quote Originally Posted by StefanHasDiapees View Post

1) Quit using a knife to peel potatoes. Just boil the things like normal, skin-on. Then dip 'em into ice water for five or ten seconds. The outer surface (peel and half a millimeter or so) just pulls clean off with zero effort.
    You are a God.

There's a guy on YouTube who's username is household hacker, and his videos are called Scientific Tuesdays. He shows you some of the coolest hacks. For example...

This one isn't so much a have more of a manual driving tip. If your sick of automatic drivers sitting right up your ass when you have to stop on a hill just roll back a wee bit so they know your driving a manual and give you space.

Wanna see your friends frozen in space? Try this mind-boggling trick I discovered awhile back.

-Obtain a large camera flash (the ones used as an accessory flash on older cameras). They can be found at pawn shops and you will need a few AA batteries.
    -Press charge flash button to load flash.
    -Gather in a very dark room. No outside visible light coming through curtains or under door. This is easier at night. It bust be completely dark.
    -Count to three and everyone at the same time do something wierd or jump in the air. At that exact moment press flash.
    -The last step is to completely freeze with your eyes wide open for 5-7 seconds and the image will appear of what was captured in a flash. You will be able to see every detail in the room including your friends frozen in space. Even though you are still staring into a completeyl dark room you will see this ghostly image frozen. The brighter the flash the better. The image will last maybe 8-10 seconds. It takes a little practice but is insanely fun.

also this will not work with auto-fill flashes on newer camera as they rapid fire.

When we last did this we spent many hours being creative until the batteries died.